Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven
Anyone buy this new dress from Swuun yet?

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 3:39 pm
I'm considering getting this dress for YT:

https://swuun.com/products/the.....84002

It is a very expensive purchase for me, I don't usually buy myself anything more than like $20-$50 but lately I have been more desperate. I'm wondering if I will look good it or like a house. I got two dresses from the Pesach time. This one looks amazing on me but this one makes me look like and feel very fat.

Would love it if anyone has any insight into the particular dress I posted above. (I'm also a bit nervous about the seam below the bust making it look a bit maternity like on me.)

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 3:49 pm
This looks like it would be flattering on most women. It has more shape and definition than the one you didn't like.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 3:54 pm
I don’t have it but it’s so pretty! Looks like it would be good for year round

jflower

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 5:17 pm
I don't see how the empire waist will be flattering. It looks like a maternity dress. I would prefer a dress with a straighter silhouette.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 6:32 pm
jflower wrote:
I don't see how the empire waist will be flattering. It looks like a maternity dress. I would prefer a dress with a straighter silhouette.

That's what I am worried about. But I'm wondering if the fact it has several several seam every foot or so will help....

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 6:56 pm
Can you try it and return if it's not good? It's a really beautiful dress! Really like it.

mochacoffee  

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 9:17 pm
I bought this dress, it was also a splurge for me but it's very difficult for me to find dresses for shabbos/yomtov since I'm once size on top and another on bottom. Swuun's dresses fit and flatter my shape so it was worth it to me.

FYI it's blue in the picture but the actual color of the flowers is more of a greenish.

The shape of this dress is similar to the second one you posted in the OP, the brown floral one but not as wide at the bottom. The seam on this dress on me doesn't fall below my bust, it falls more towards my waist so it doesn't look maternity on me. I also wore it with a belt. I think it depends on your shape to figure out where the seam will fall out.

She does have a return policy of like returning within seven days of receiving the package or something so there's always that option.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 12:23 pm
mochacoffee wrote:
I bought this dress, it was also a splurge for me but it's very difficult for me to find dresses for shabbos/yomtov since I'm once size on top and another on bottom. Swuun's dresses fit and flatter my shape so it was worth it to me.

FYI it's blue in the picture but the actual color of the flowers is more of a greenish.

The shape of this dress is similar to the second one you posted in the OP, the brown floral one but not as wide at the bottom. The seam on this dress on me doesn't fall below my bust, it falls more towards my waist so it doesn't look maternity on me. I also wore it with a belt. I think it depends on your shape to figure out where the seam will fall out.

She does have a return policy of like returning within seven days of receiving the package or something so there's always that option.

Thank you for this, very helpful! I'm still so undecided. I can return it, yes, but I'm very bad wtih returns and I already paying $13 to ship and then prob that amount back... I live OOT, no local plus size stores.

mochacoffee

Post Yesterday at 2:48 pm
She actually did a try on today on her Instagram so you can see the fit better on her.

amother
Mimosa  

Post Yesterday at 4:36 pm
What size do you all get? Your usual in non jewish stores? Or size up like most jewish companies?

Perrys

Post Yesterday at 4:38 pm
I tried on the dress and felt it ran big( I have the other dress you have in a 1xl
The xl of teal dress was too big

amother
Royalblue

Post Yesterday at 6:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm considering getting this dress for YT:

https://swuun.com/products/the.....84002

It is a very expensive purchase for me, I don't usually buy myself anything more than like $20-$50 but lately I have been more desperate. I'm wondering if I will look good it or like a house. I got two dresses from the Pesach time. This one looks amazing on me but this one makes me look like and feel very fat.

Would love it if anyone has any insight into the particular dress I posted above. (I'm also a bit nervous about the seam below the bust making it look a bit maternity like on me.)

It's gorgeous. Watch her try it on- her second look in the video. It looks very flattering. You should get it. Turquoise burnt velvet on black fabric.
https://www.instagram.com/stor.....xNnNw

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 12:21 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
What size do you all get? Your usual in non jewish stores? Or size up like most jewish companies?

I'd say size up. The other dresses I got from her were a 5x!!! Sounds embarrassing to even write that as I have never worn 5x in my entire life. Normally I am a 3x...

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 12:24 am
Perrys wrote:
I tried on the dress and felt it ran big( I have the other dress you have in a 1xl
The xl of teal dress was too big

Thanks!! That is very helpful to know. I was going to get a 5x as I did in the other dresses but maybe I will go wtih 4x instead.

What about these two dresses. Anyone tried either one of these?

https://swuun.com/products/the.....04770

https://swuun.com/products/the.....73826

amother
  Mimosa  

Post Today at 12:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!! That is very helpful to know. I was going to get a 5x as I did in the other dresses but maybe I will go wtih 4x instead.

What about these two dresses. Anyone tried either one of these?

https://swuun.com/products/the.....04770

https://swuun.com/products/the.....73826

Love these two been eyeing them.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 12:21 pm
OK, I'm going to take the plunge and buy all three. Davening they will be amazing!!

amother
  OP

Post Today at 12:43 pm
And I found a code on Instagram for free shipping, so I save myself $14+!

amother
  Mimosa

Post Today at 1:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
OK, I'm going to take the plunge and buy all three. Davening they will be amazing!!

Let us know!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Plus Size Fashion- Safe Haven