Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How do you cope with girls?
Previous  1  2

imaima  

Post Today at 7:21 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I just had to laugh because it sounds like the book "Messes of Dresses". It was a favorite in our house, my kids knew it by heart, even the two year old.

But on a serious note, I feel the pain. My girls are now teens and I'm really struggling to find them clothes that they like.

Teen girls are expensive…
Clothes are easier for me because she only wears the same style and a limited number of colors.
But the rest? I took her to a doctor appointment and it ended up being a coffee date because „quality time“, two books for shabbos, and two skincare products for acne prevention. I am scared to leave the house with her…

amother
Tomato

Post Today at 7:53 am
Daven LOL

Signed, mother of 5 girls with girl #6 on the way

amother
Glitter  

Post Today at 8:57 am
Little girls are easy. Bows and headbands in bulk from Amazon, baskets on their dressers to keep them in.
Tights: over 5 years old they refuse to wear anything except black, under 5 years old wears white, thicker cotton kind so they last.
Teenagers wear footless only with socks.

My teenage daughter is more impossible than I remember being. Every single thing I buy for her she no longer likes once we're back home. Even if it looks good on her, even if she chose it. Even if it was expensive and a no return item. Even if her friends tell her they like it.

Ruchel

Post Today at 9:06 am
There is are fakes for most things
In bulk
I looove gold, pink glitter...

amother
Alyssum

Post Today at 9:18 am
amother Bronze wrote:
lol I can’t relate. My oldest son is the pickiest and hardest to get clothes for!

My boys are way harder to shop for. My girls are mostly grown up but they were happy with almost anything.
I live oot and it's almost impossible to find Yeshivish clothes. They are definitely way pickier about their clothes.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 9:27 am
My boys were picky with which pants and tops with collars...(one had sensory issues) but it doesn't come close to girls with dresses, skirts, tights, hair...

For me girls are a challenge cuz I love minimalism. One dress, no bows, easy ...but it doesn't work so for them.

I guess I just have to daven, as poster said.

bzmommy

Post Today at 9:38 am
amother cornflower wrote:
Tights I buy on Shein
Clothes I buy on Shein
Shoes I buy on Shein
If it looks cute I don't get picky about fit - they're little girls.

Can u share link for the tights ?
And how’s quality ?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Today at 9:41 am
I hate having to figure out whose tights are who’s because a lot don’t have tags on them. Same with some shells that have had sizing washed off by now. I got stickers from label land to color code them.

One drawer for all hair products. I have different bins in there for ponytails/scrunchies, clips, headbands, etc. besides for ponytail holders, feel like Ive not bought bows once in the last decade and maybe by one special new hair piece once every other year or for a simcha.

I use a lot of hand me downs from one girl to the next. Hard when not everyone has the same style but most gets used if not by one then another girl down the line. Unfortunately I feel like the mix of hand me downs plus new clothes plus different seasons does lead to it looking like lots of options in the closet and drawers!

But yea, it’s a lot of stuff! Tons of papers and junk and toys and items of clothing and accessories. And it often feels at times like it all just takes over everywhere. You’re not alone!!

amother
  Glitter  

Post Today at 9:43 am
Is there a secret I don't know, someone please tell me, how do mothers get their teenage daughters to agree to wear new clothing? Am I supposed to be like a saleslady and "sell" every dress, shirt, skirt, shoes to her? I compliment on color, fit, etc. In return I get a lot of faces and "ewwww" and "gross!" I have 7 items to return.

giftedmom  

Post Today at 9:44 am
amother Glitter wrote:
Is there a secret I don't know, someone please tell me, how do mothers get their teenage daughters to agree to wear new clothing? Am I supposed to be like a saleslady and "sell" every dress, shirt, skirt, shoes to her? I compliment on color, fit, etc. In return I get a lot of faces and "ewwww" and "gross!" I have 7 items to return.

What’s her alternative? Wear her old clothing? By all means.

giftedmom  

Post Today at 9:45 am
amother OP wrote:
My boys were picky with which pants and tops with collars...(one had sensory issues) but it doesn't come close to girls with dresses, skirts, tights, hair...

For me girls are a challenge cuz I love minimalism. One dress, no bows, easy ...but it doesn't work so for them.

I guess I just have to daven, as poster said.

I do minimalism with girls up until pre-teen age. I get dresses that don’t need shells and then it’s tights and panties. Get the thick cotton tights that doesn’t tear. I get mine on next.

amother
  Glitter

Post Today at 9:46 am
giftedmom wrote:
What’s her alternative? Wear her old clothing? By all means.

It got ruined in the laundry in overnight camp.

giftedmom

Post Today at 9:54 am
amother Glitter wrote:
It got ruined in the laundry in overnight camp.

That’s her problem. You make sure she has clothes in her closet that fit her well and are seasonally appropriate. She can wear what she wants.

imaima

Post Today at 10:15 am
amother Glitter wrote:

You need to forbid it. Then it’s desirable
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics