Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Using same set of drinking glasses for meat & milk
Previous  1  2

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:46 am
amother Slategray wrote:
It's definitely allowed according to Halacha but the glass needs to be pure glass not acorac or other similar materials.

What is acorac?

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 4:13 am
we don't do this
aylor

amother
  Gladiolus

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 7:52 am
Ruchi wrote:
There is no way of knowing if your cleaning help uses the water every time, according to your exact instructions, unless you turn on the faucet and watch her throughout.

There is no נאמנות when it comes to a non Jew. Especially with kashrus.

You’re right. I need to be more careful. I’m so bad with storage containers as well. But I never store hot food in there. If I keep cold chicken soup in the container overnight it becomes real fleishig right? And my kids cups I know I should keep at one side and for the other side let’s say for pure milk drink in disposables

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 10:59 am
amother Gladiolus wrote:
You’re right. I need to be more careful. I’m so bad with storage containers as well. But I never store hot food in there. If I keep cold chicken soup in the container overnight it becomes real fleishig right? And my kids cups I know I should keep at one side and for the other side let’s say for pure milk drink in disposables

I found it too hard to keep track of containers, so I tossed everything and started a new system: round containers are fleishig and square/rectangle milchig.

I made round fleishig because I always used the round deli containers for chicken soup anyway.

It's a little annoying on the milchig side because those round deli containers are so cheap and effective, but it's worth it to stop the hassle of keeping track, and we have less milchig food to store that way anyway. It just happens.

cookier

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 11:04 am
Ruchi wrote:
I think glass doesn't get treif regardless if used hot, for milky and meat. Of course one should check with ones LOR .

This is a machlokes even among ashkenazim. It’s very much Rav to Rav, so definitely an AYLOR situation.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 11:15 am
I use it for both, with hot or cold drinks according to star K guidelines

https://www.star-k.org/article.....lass/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen