Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you care what others are wearing?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 11:33 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Fashion, no. But a women can still look out together even if it’s not necessarily fashionable

I agree. I do care about fashion and what others think but even if you don't, it is important to be presentable

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 12:25 am
Tao wrote:
Caring and noticing are twi different things. Truly, I don't believe anyone in the world over the age of 16 actually "cares" what you're wearing. (Well, maybe your mom, lol). Noticing, that's a different story.
Do I care what people wear? Of course not; you do you. Do I notice? Sure. I mean, I have eyes.

Your mother, and your teenage daughter, who is quite likely to disown you in public because your clothing is so embarrassing.

zaq

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:57 am
Nope.
Except that I'm uncomfortable in the presence of women dressed extremely immodestly. Not "inappropriate for an Orthodox Jewish woman" but inappropriate, period.
And I'm offended by individuals of any description wearing anything bearing hostile, offensive, dirty or foul messages or images.
Other than that, what do someone else's wardrobe choices have to do with me?

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:31 am
zaq wrote:
Nope.
Except that I'm uncomfortable in the presence of women dressed extremely immodestly. Not "inappropriate for an Orthodox Jewish woman" but inappropriate, period.
And I'm offended by individuals of any description wearing anything bearing hostile, offensive, dirty or foul messages or images.
Other than that, what do someone else's wardrobe choices have to do with me?

This.

I'll add that I might find it weird and Stepford-wife-like if everyone else dressed exactly like I dressed.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 4:31 am
I'm not even interested in what I wear, generally. Diamond pendant with hoodie? Sure. Wouldn't think twice. Do I care how others see me? Not for all the hemp in China. Why? Because I have self confidence and it doesn't come from external validation. My husband thinks I look amazing, even with no makeup on and a beanie. My teenage daughter thinks I'm thr coolest ever because I just don't care. The world is full of carbon copies so just do you. I have loads of expensive clothing, bags and jewelry and I'll only ever wear those things to work and that's because it's basically a uniform. Otherwise, I rock the homeless chic look in my personal life. It's funny when women side eye me at the grocery store because 9/10, I am NOT put together. But that's fine. If I wanted to and cared, I could be flaunting my work wardrobe on the daily and you can edit your opinion. Or maybe just stop judging?

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 5:44 am
amother Jean wrote:
No, but I care about what I'm wearing...

Same.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics