Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Pro vaccine thread please?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 12:00 pm
Hi, I just stumbled on chossid mom thread..... and read too many pages and getting anxious
I've always done vaccines, more spread out but on time. Haven't had a baby since before covid. Covid did get me to be a bit shaky in regards to vaccines. Can anyone reassure me that I'm doing the right thing for my upcoming baby (due soon) please?

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Yesterday at 12:03 pm
Can't Believe It
Yes. Vaccines work. Why don't you talk to literally any doctor? I personally think the COVID vaccine was a terrible rushed crooked thing, but in general - vaccines are safe and effective. They do what they're supposed to do, which is prevent much worse illnesses.

care4u

Post Yesterday at 12:07 pm
I would not give a covid vaccine, but other than that I have no issue with any other vaccine except for the gardasil.

All you need to think about is how many kids did not live through childhood because there were so many illnesses around that all had small chances of death and when you got everything... kids became deaf from measles or paralyzed or worse from polio etc.

Do we really want to go back to the time where it was normal for people to have eight kids and only six of them lived to adulthood?

Last edited by care4u on Mon, Sep 23 2024, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ruby

Post Yesterday at 12:08 pm
Chava Willig Levy A”H did a video for JOWMA about the importance of vaccines. She caught polio right before the vaccine came out, and she was paralyzed for her whole life.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9urJ-QbLJO0

All of these vaccines save lives. Also you can search online for news about a baby in Israel that recently died of whooping cough:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/...../amp/

There is a Jewish book that I just read that lays it out very well, called Acquired Immunity.

https://www.judaica-world.com/.....amp=1

Success10  

Post Yesterday at 12:13 pm
I'm not saying I buy it, but a lot of antivaxxers show data that major childhood illnesses already took a sharp plunge downwards before vaccines were introduced. They attribute it to modern hygiene advances. It would be good to actually fact check all charts and data shown by antivaxxers before buying into it. Thr problem with fact checking is that both sides have an agenda.

I personally haven't researched vaccines. I vaccinate because the rabbonim have said to vaccinate, because that is what's considered the normative hishtadlus to keep healthy.

OddoneOut1

Post Yesterday at 12:14 pm
I also often feel unsure about these Sort of medical interventions.
I feel reassured when I remind myself that I don’t run the word, G-d does.
As long as I am doing reasonable hishtadlus I have nothing to fear.
In this case, I believe reasonable hishtadlus is going along with the majority of the population, with medical recommendation. Vaccine injury or success is predetermined from above.
Guess what- if it was all a conspiracy and toxic?? It will still have been the right decision for me in this time and place.
Feel free to say a perk of Tehilla’s before every shot and remind yourself who is in charge
I

Aurora  

Post Yesterday at 12:14 pm
All of these vaccines save lives. Look at old cemeteries, look at how many children died young. If you can, talk with your grandparents about the effects of polio, how mumps left men sterile, and more - all these vaccines are so important.

For those too young for vaccines, others being vaccinated saves them from catching these terrible diseases. Please, please, please vaccinate.

amother
Snowflake  

Post Yesterday at 12:18 pm
I would be more cautious now and space vaccines more. I wouldn't give them all at once too a tiny baby. I would research which vaccines are most important and relevant.

Trademark  

Post Yesterday at 12:19 pm
Please don't read that thread.

It's full of nonsense from non reputable sources.

You are doing the right thing by giving childhood vaccines.

Do you have a pediatrician that you trust?

Success10

Post Yesterday at 12:23 pm
OddoneOut1 wrote:
I also often feel unsure about these Sort of medical interventions.
I feel reassured when I remind myself that I don’t run the word, G-d does.
As long as I am doing reasonable hishtadlus I have nothing to fear.
In this case, I believe reasonable hishtadlus is going along with the majority of the population, with medical recommendation. Vaccine injury or success is predetermined from above.
Guess what- if it was all a conspiracy and toxic?? It will still have been the right decision for me in this time and place.
Feel free to say a perk of Tehilla’s before every shot and remind yourself who is in charge
I

I really like all of this. Hashem makes us sick. Hashem makes us well. I try to not get too caught up in the shlichim.

amother
Blushpink

Post Yesterday at 12:25 pm
Aurora wrote:
All of these vaccines save lives. Look at old cemeteries, look at how many children died young. If you can, talk with your grandparents about the effects of polio, how mumps left men sterile, and more - all these vaccines are so important.

For those too young for vaccines, others being vaccinated saves them from catching these terrible diseases. Please, please, please vaccinate.
you can also look at the rate of crib deaths and how much they increased. There is proven data how about 75% of crib deaths happen within a week of vaccination. What about autism, asd the amount of people who have it is like never before. Vaccines are a risk. Yes you do get immune to diseases but you also put yourself at risk because the vaccines have a lot of other added ingredients like a lot of heavy metals which some bodies cannot deal with...... people do vaccine detoxes

shabbatiscoming

Post Yesterday at 12:27 pm
Trademark wrote:
Please don't read that thread.

It's full of nonsense from non reputable sources.

You are doing the right thing by giving childhood vaccines.

Do you have a pediatrician that you trust?

This. Read that sentence over and over again. Its the absolute truth.
Mot of the posts or even replies in that thread are her own.

Trademark

Post Yesterday at 12:30 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
you can also look at the rate of crib deaths and how much they increased. There is proven data how about 75% of crib deaths happen within a week of vaccination. What about autism, asd the amount of people who have it is like never before. Vaccines are a risk. Yes you do get immune to diseases but you also put yourself at risk because the vaccines have a lot of other added ingredients like a lot of heavy metals which some bodies cannot deal with...... people do vaccine detoxes

This is a pro vaccine thread. You can post this nonsense on the other thread.

amother
Ebony

Post Yesterday at 12:31 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
you can also look at the rate of crib deaths and how much they increased. There is proven data how about 75% of crib deaths happen within a week of vaccination

Can you share this data please?
Very interested

Ema of 5  

Post Yesterday at 12:34 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:

OP specifically asked for a pro vaccine thread. Why can’t she get that?

BusyBoys

Post Yesterday at 12:52 pm
I give all vaccines.

What changed after my first 2 is that I space them apart a bit more-
My second baby had a bad reaction to one set and didn’t want a repeat.
Thankfully all good since. I think spacing them has definitely helped my kids.

Anti vaxxers- in addition to the non reputable info they spew in regard to vaccines- they tend to be pretty aggressive with their opinions in other matters too. That has helped me put things into perspective not to get caught up in their garbage.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Yesterday at 1:37 pm
Does anyone know if the mmrv vaccine is safe, as opposed to giving it separately?
My doctor wants to give it together but I'm seeing that there is an increased risk of seizures. Anyone gave it together?

Aurora

Post Yesterday at 1:39 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
Does anyone know if the mmrv vaccine is safe, as opposed to giving it separately?
My doctor wants to give it together but I'm seeing that there is an increased risk of seizures. Anyone gave it together?

Pu pu pu, all my kids were fine.

Brit in Israel

Post Yesterday at 1:43 pm

It's always been given together no?
Just do only that shot on that day and wait a few days before giving a different one.

Ema of 5  

Post Yesterday at 1:56 pm

I don’t know if it available separately everywhere. BH my kids have never had issues with vaccines, other than crankiness. However, I only give one or two at a time, and I spread them out. My baby had some medical issues most of the first year, and shots naturally ended up getting pushed off because I kept forgetting to make all the appointments that I needed to. He also didn’t do all of his well visits on time because we were busy with other doctors and stuff.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics