Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
5 year old fashion vent
Previous  1  2

amother
  Opal  

Post Today at 11:46 am
amother Papayawhip wrote:
All of these are more suitable for a teen or grown woman, except for the last link.

I agree with you OP, they are only little once, let them look like little girls, not little women.

There is nothing wrong with this styles. Who is to stay a kid needs a certain amount of ruffles or sparkles? And do we all need to be the same? Can’t we have whatever taste we want? I really hate the non Jewish holiday dresses they just look very cheap and unrefined. It’s ok if others do like it but I don’t get the push to want everyone to dress their kids like that. You do you and I’ll do me.

amother
Skyblue

Post Today at 12:46 pm
My eye is so used to the Jewish style that when I see the stuff sold at non Jewish stores that are frilly ect they look so nerdy to me.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Today at 1:08 pm
OP I'm with you. In my youth, no one wore black who was younger than 25, and even then it was usually for formal "little black dress" occasions, and NEVER to a wedding.

IMHO little kids, and not-so-little kids, should be dressed either in cheerful colors or in white for ease of bleaching. And there's nothing wrong with adults dressing in cheerful colors, either. (Unicorns, not so much, lol!)

I purely hate seeing infants dressed in depressing black, charcoal, and all those hideous muted beigy colors that make them look like they're wearing something that had been oxidizing since 1927 in a trunk in their great-great-great- grandmother's attic. I'm not too impressed by adults dressed in these so-called colors, either, but with adults it's their own choice.

rkay

Post Today at 1:13 pm
Buy whatever you like. Why do you need to be dlkz for other peoples choices? Everybody has their own taste.

amother
  Papayawhip

Post Today at 1:20 pm
amother Opal wrote:
There is nothing wrong with this styles. Who is to stay a kid needs a certain amount of ruffles or sparkles? And we do all need to be the same? Can’t we have whatever taste we want? I really hate the non Jewish holiday dresses they just look very cheap and unrefined. It’s ok if others do like it but I don’t get the push to want everyone to dress their kids like that. You do you and I’ll do me.

Why is it ok for you to call other kids styles unrefined, but you object to others not liking your style? Fact is I was agreeing with OP those links are more mature than a 5 year old needs to look.

mha3484

Post Today at 1:27 pm
I agree I do buy what I like but I don't like to be judgmental so I was having a hard time relating to the concept of such mature looking clothing on such little kids. I assume they make the dresses for size 8-10-12 and go with what flatters that age range, and some stuff was very cute! But when you shrink it down to a size 5 or 6 it looks too grown up. Id love to see more designs specific to little girls vs appealing to all ages. You wouldnt design a dress for a 5 year old and then sell it in big sizes it would look babyish and absurd.

amother
  Opal

Post Today at 1:30 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
Why is it ok for you to call other kids styles unrefined, but you object to others not liking your style? Fact is I was agreeing with OP those links are more mature than a 5 year old needs to look.

That was literally my point. Who is to say which style is “right” everyone has a different measuring stick.

amother
Daisy  

Post Today at 1:35 pm
rkay wrote:
Buy whatever you like. Why do you need to be dlkz for other peoples choices? Everybody has their own taste.

Applause Applause Applause

I really don't get the obsession with how other people dress their kids or how they go about shopping for said clothes. Seriously you guys have nothing else to worry about?

Personally my dd never likes pinks or ruffles or other feminine styles & actually chooses the blacks & muted colors.

amother
Whitewash

Post Today at 1:36 pm
mha3484 wrote:
This is part vent and part trying to be DLKZ. I have 3 boys and a 5 and 3 year old girl so frum kids fashion is a new experience for me. I took the 5 year old to a very nice community program to get a yomtov dress yesterday and was left feeling so sad on a broader level. She found something she liked which I am very grateful for. In the name of matching I guess, the dresses in size 5/6 looked so mature, like a mini version of the dresses for preteens.

The question I kept asking myself when I got home later was why are we in such a rush for our 5 year olds to look like they are 8/9/10? Mine likes pink, purple, sparkles, unicorns, doesnt own black clothing except for her school uniform and even that insisted on pink sneakers. What happened to fun cheerful clothing for little girls? Maybe this is just because I am old fashioned but Id love to hear others perspectives on this.

Look at Boden and Mayoral. They are more colorful

amother
  Daisy

Post Today at 1:38 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I agree I do buy what I like but I don't like to be judgmental so I was having a hard time relating to the concept of such mature looking clothing on such little kids. I assume they make the dresses for size 8-10-12 and go with what flatters that age range, and some stuff was very cute! But when you shrink it down to a size 5 or 6 it looks too grown up. Id love to see more designs specific to little girls vs appealing to all ages. You wouldnt design a dress for a 5 year old and then sell it in big sizes it would look babyish and absurd.

I assume it's a business decision. It's a small market so they maximize by selling each style in as many sizes as possible.

Also some kids are very small or large for their size to an 8yo can wear a size 6 or size 12

amother
  Forsythia

Post Today at 1:43 pm
OP, am I right that you went to a place with limited options?
There is absolutely plenty of colorful and fun stuff that is also trendy and beautiful. It might be harder to find if you are going to one or two places that don't have a huge stock though.
If you are still looking you can post your budget and what you are looking for and I can try to post some links for you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics