Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Sorbet recipe without added sugar?honey ok

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 8:47 pm
Searching for a delicious sorbet recipe that does not have any added sweeteners, except honey is ok.

Thanks!

miami85

Post Yesterday at 9:13 pm
I think sugar is needed for the sorbet to be soft/right consistency otherwise it gets too icy

amother
Waterlily

Post Yesterday at 9:20 pm
I do it all the time with kiwis, strawberries, pineapple etc.

For example with pineapple:
Freeze cubed fresh pineapple. When frozen blend with Liebers unsweetened coconut milk. Add as little liquid as possible so it does become too runny. Put into molds or direct into nice cups. Remove from freezer 15-30 minutes prior to serving. Delicious pina colada flavor!

You can freeze different color fruits in ice cube or small square molds. Then serve in a nice cup all colors.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 10:18 pm
amother Waterlily wrote:
I do it all the time with kiwis, strawberries, pineapple etc.

For example with pineapple:
Freeze cubed fresh pineapple. When frozen blend with Liebers unsweetened coconut milk. Add as little liquid as possible so it does become too runny. Put into molds or direct into nice cups. Remove from freezer 15-30 minutes prior to serving. Delicious pina colada flavor!

You can freeze different color fruits in ice cube or small square molds. Then serve in a nice cup all colors.

Thank you, this sounds delicious, though it looks more like ices than sorbet...maybe I'll make it anyway!

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 10:19 pm
miami85 wrote:
I think sugar is needed for the sorbet to be soft/right consistency otherwise it gets too icy

Oh man. I was wondering about that
Im hoping someone else will say otherwise!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Yesterday at 10:24 pm
Rorie has a recipe for fruit soft serve that's basically frozen fruit blended with nut butter, frozen, and reblended. I can't vouch for the consistency, but it should be pretty good if you take it out 15 minutes before serving.

You should be able to achieve the same effect as sugar using honey or maple syrup. You could make a simple syrup and use it that way.

If you have an ice cream maker supposedly that's the best for getting a great texture with just fruit and nothing else.

amother
Daisy

Post Yesterday at 11:31 pm
I make this recipe all the time.
3 mangos, cubed
1 cup white grape juice
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Blend well in food processor
Pour into 9x13 pan and freeze
Once frozen, break into chunks and blend again in the food processor. You'll probably have to do it in batches, it's too much to fit at one time. I freeze in individual portion size cups. They should be soft straight from the freezer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen