Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Thoughts on eternity band
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
  Chicory  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:35 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
Very little jewelry today has resale value after the weight of gold.

Real diamonds have resale value vs lab grown diamonds that do not

amother
Carnation  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:39 pm
Enjoy it!
My dh is working and we just had our first baby and anniversary and I didnt get an eternity band. Don’t think too much into it everyone’s getting lab now

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:49 pm
Thanks all! 🫶🏻

amother
Smokey  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:51 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Why would you feel like a fraud?

I’m pretty sure my neighbor wears lab diamonds because I can’t imagine they have a spare 100k to buy this stuff in real at age 35

I have a half eternity band because I don’t like the feel of a full one

Enjoy Smile

How do you know?
I'm wearing a 40k ring on my finger.

amother
  Tuberose  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:55 pm
amother Smokey wrote:
How do you know?
I'm wearing a 40k ring on my finger.

How old are you

BaltoMom65  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:03 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
100%

What are they going to get for 10 and 20th anniversary?
By then they're on their own financially so broke, overwhelmed and crushed by tuition- like everyone else!

amother
Currant  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:03 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
My very personal opinion is that it’s ridiculous how every kollel wife after her first baby gets an eternity band. Real or not.
I would ever wear one until I’m like 40. I think it looks ridiculous but everyone gets them so it’s the new normal

I’m over 40 and I have a gorgeous eternity band (lab grown which I enjoy very much!) and I don’t think it’s ridiculous for kollel wives to get anything. Especially if I’m not the one paying for it. Many of them work, hard, and even those who don’t… what’s the price of a Jewish baby? Priceless.
After vomiting for three months and shlepping another 6 , and literally putting themselves under the knife.. please fargin them a gift…any gift!
Now, if you’re the one paying for it that’s another story , but if you’re not then just mind your own business.

amother
Burntblack  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:04 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I can't understand why paying 2k is a great price for a peice of jewelry that essentially has no resale value.

Because it pretty and you enjoy wearing it.

If you had to buy the same thing with mined diamonds you either can't afford it, have to buy tiny, or have to spend 30k.

amother
  Chicory  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:09 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:

If you had to buy the same thing with mined diamonds you either can't afford it, have to buy tiny, or have to spend 30k.

You can buy a cz for $100

amother
  Chicory  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:10 pm
amother Currant wrote:
I’m over 40 and I have a gorgeous eternity band (lab grown which I enjoy very much!) and I don’t think it’s ridiculous for kollel wives to get anything. Especially if I’m not the one paying for it. Many of them work, hard, and even those who don’t… what’s the price of a Jewish baby? Priceless.
After vomiting for three months and shlepping another 6 , and literally putting themselves under the knife.. please fargin them a gift…any gift!
Now, if you’re the one paying for it that’s another story , but if you’re not then just mind your own business.

It's ridiculous because it raises the standard for kollel wives. Now everyone needs an eternity band within the first 5 years. And seriously...the baby is a your gift!! Let's get our priorities straight.

amother
  DarkOrange  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:10 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
Very little jewelry today has resale value after the weight of gold.

Someone recently told me this. She bought diamond earrings a few years ago. Paid between 7-8k. She wanted to trade it in. All she can get is $3000.
After hearing this lab grown it is
For context, I'm married for over 2 decades bh. I'm not a young shnuk that must have an eternity band. The last time I bought myself a real piece of jewelry was 10 years ago. In my circles ladies get real all the time. For weekday, for shabbos, anytime.

amother
  Currant  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:11 pm

Exactly.
I have real pieces and lab pieces and when it comes to resale value, you don’t get much for anything!!
Tried and true.
Might as well buy what looks nice.
But fake I don’t like, it gets black and looks very chunky… lab is the perfect compromise for me.

I happen to be able to afford real, but I think it’s a waste of money.

amother
  Smokey

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:12 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
How old are you

amother
  DarkOrange  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:16 pm
amother Chicory wrote:

I had cz. It's just not the same. It doesn't have that sparkle that a diamond has.

amother
  Currant  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
It's ridiculous because it raises the standard for kollel wives. Now everyone needs an eternity band within the first 5 years. And seriously...the baby is a your gift!! Let's get our priorities straight.

No it doesn’t, everyone can do what works for them. A 2K gift isn’t expensive for a first baby. They’re all getting lab grown.
As a kallah they get a nice diamond ring, and then they have to wait twenty years to get a nice ring for their other finger. I think first baby is a perfect opportunity and it’s such a classic piece, just like a diamond ring. Might as well have it and enjoy it for an extra twenty years.

amother
  DarkOrange  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:19 pm

A similar eternity band to what I have Molly's sells between 8.5k and 11.5. Lab grown I paid $1950. It's a masterpiece. The diamond itself are stunning.
A little before I bought this I finally allowed myself a diamond ring too. I never had one! I paid $1450 for a color E vvs2 2.5 carat. Now figure this ring in mined diamonds. I'll let you figure it out.

amother
  Tuberose  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:19 pm
amother Currant wrote:
No it doesn’t, everyone can do what works for them. A 2K gift isn’t expensive for a first baby. They’re all getting lab grown.
As a kallah they get a nice diamond ring, and then they have to wait twenty years to get a nice ring for their other finger. I think first baby is a perfect opportunity and it’s such a classic piece, just like a diamond ring. Might as well have it and enjoy it for an extra twenty years.

For many, 2k is very expensive. We couldn’t afford a 2k gift until a good few years into marriage..

Not saying anything is wrong with getting one but just want to point this out.

amother
Maize

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:22 pm
amother Currant wrote:

Why do they need a 2k ring for having a baby? Why is the expectation any gift at all?

amother
  Burntblack  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:40 pm
amother Chicory wrote:

It doesn't look nice. It looks like cheap glass which it is. Lab diamonds are gorgeous.

amother
Turquoise  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 8:50 pm
I proudly wear a gorgeous $100 moissanite eternity band with a 3 carat moissanite engagement ring. They're real to me. One of my daughters is iyh about to get engaged and I'm trying to talk the chosson into getting moissanite. Lab grown diamonds are overpriced imo and who care what you wear anyway?! Bh we have money so idk what anyone thinks about my stones but I wouldn't lie if asked. There's nothing fake/fraudulent about not wearing mined diamonds or even diamonds at all as long as you're not trying to pass it off as something it's not.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics