Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
New rules for cell phone stores in Boro Park

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 6:43 pm
TAG organized a meeting with owners of cell phone stores and select Rabbanim in the community to set up new guidelines for Boro Park.

Owners of cell phone stores agreed to only sell cells and all other devices e.g. tablets etc. That are filtered. Buyers have some choice in which filter to select but uit must have a filter. If the buyer doesn't choose a filter within 7 days of purchase, the device/cell phone will stop working.

The view had an article on this in the latest issue. I haven't heard people discussing this in real life yet. What is everyone's reaction to this new ruling?

amother
Cream

Post Yesterday at 6:44 pm
I'll buy my next device from bestbuy

bsy

Post Yesterday at 6:44 pm
Just based on what you wrote, gross overreach on tags part. We live in a free world with a free economy

amother
Starflower

Post Yesterday at 6:45 pm
Doesn't apply to me. I order directly from our cell phone provider and they overnight the cell phone I chose.
Don't know if I ever bought from a local cell phone store in the 23 years I've had my own cell phone.

ittsamother

Post Yesterday at 6:45 pm
Yeah, I just wouldn't buy my device from that store. Why would the stores agree to this?

amother
Silver  

Post Yesterday at 6:49 pm
I doubt the stores agreed to only sell this brand if they want to stay in business.

I did hear that they're giving a hechsher on stores that'll only sell kosher phones. But that's a totally different story. That's not limiting the consumers options.

cnc

Post Yesterday at 6:50 pm
The only people that I know that buy cell phones in local stores are those that buy kosher phones....

amother
  Silver

Post Yesterday at 6:51 pm
And the reason people aren't taking about it is probably because it isn't true. I mean, there are loads of stores in BP and loads of people buying phones. Did you really think all of them will suddenly only sell/buy kosher phones?

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 8:00 pm
There's pictures in the view of the store owners at the meeting. They clearly state that only filtered devices will be sold and if someone doesn't put a filter within 7 days, it will be deactivated.

People buy all kinds of devices locally, not only kosher phones.

There was no talk about a hechsher

watergirl

Post Yesterday at 8:07 pm
Please continue discussion here https://www.imamother.com/foru.....78105
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics