Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kids always need stuff

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 1:04 pm
It’s never ending. Life expenses are crushing at is, debt is crushing and yet the kids still need. One needed a machzor for school, and then she needed $10 for a workshop. Then next oke needs $200 G.O. Fee and she needed a brand new uniform and she needed clothing for yom tov. The other one needs special tutors.
And me, what about me, I don’t get anything new ever. I am starting to eat more protein and that’s costing an arm and a leg as well. DH has 3 shirts now, and down to one pair of pants. His shoes had a hole, so he bought but he needed. I hate this soul crushing debt and inability to afford life
I’m working on Emunah a lot, trying to just be ok with it. But the debt is crushing sometimes and I don’t know what to do. Well, I do. Turn to Hashem. So I am, I keep doing that. Waiting for help, still waiting.

amother
Iris

Post Yesterday at 4:42 pm
Same boat...

My pet peeve is when the schools ask for these hufe surprise fees by tomorrow.

School just started. We way over extended ourselves for uniforms, supplies, seforim etc. Plus shoes for the kids whose fell apart in camp. All these expenses right after huge camp expenses. And huge Y"T expenses coming up. Yet we already got multiple random fees from multiple kids - $20, $20, $45, $36, $94, $75, $75.

We are on a super tight budget and don't own CCs. I didn't yet pay most and hope my kids won't miss out...

Sewsew_mom

Post Yesterday at 5:03 pm
Girl.. I feel You.
And always saying no hurts.

amother
Nectarine  

Post Yesterday at 5:14 pm
What do you tell the kids if they need something and know you can't afford it! It does hurt to say no....

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 5:34 pm
amother Nectarine wrote:
What do you tell the kids if they need something and know you can't afford it! It does hurt to say no....

I don’t know. I mean it’s really hard to be the one kid not having it because your parents can’t pay. The school is having a shofar workshop, would they not let her go if I don’t pay?

amother
  Nectarine

Post Yesterday at 5:41 pm
I'm glad I'm not alone....

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 6:27 pm
Now dd is kvetching that she has nothing to wear which is true because I’ve been putting off buying All summer and her other outfit is dirty. I’m just so tired of this. So tired and burnt out . I just wish I could have what I need to buy my kids what they need. Not exorbitant just need
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics