Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ok time for an actual plan

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 11:12 am
I cannot afford a nutritionist.
I have been on all kinds of diets and always gained the weight back. I tried to do the work on my own, watching what I eat, eating 80/20 and I did lose some weight. Unfortunately I have been up and down the same exact 5 lbs the past 3 months. This is no longer working for me.
I cannot cut out carbs and sugar, it backfires. I'm done with that. I need something I can do forever. I'm just so done with being so fat.
I just end up in this cycle of hating myself and my body, going on a diet/cutting things out, crashing out and regaining it and back to hating myself. It's been years of trying and getting no where.
I want to just be able to eat healthy foods in normal amounts like a normal person.
I literally am disgusted by myself. Why can't I just do what I need to and stick to it? I'm on a sure road to diabetes and that doesnt motivate me either.
I cannot afford the shots and I don't think I'm a candidate either way but ya cannot afford them.
I don't even know what I need.
I feel like I tried them all.
I just cannot stick to anything.
I have nothing to show for my years and years of trying.
Therapy did not help this at all.
I can't figure out why I eat in a way that harms me or how to change that.

amother
Orange

Post Yesterday at 11:18 am
I think before you find a “for life” plan, you need to do a drastic detox. Just 1-2 weeks. Besides losing a lot which will be good motivation, it’s important because you need to reset your cravings and habits. Taking a real break from a lot of the bad habits will be enough to significantly reduce how much you think you “need” the junk

It’s brutal. What pushes me through is knowing I could do anything for 2 weeks. That’s nothing in the grand scheme of things. Also writing down anything I crave during that time, so I can “remember” to eat it after I’m done, helps a lot

amother
Daylily

Post Yesterday at 11:27 am
Crazy idea but try Chat GPT as a poor man's nutritionist.

https://medium.com/@slakhyani2.....bf5c3
You can continue the chat every day - tell it what you ate, exercise, how you feel etc. and it responds.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Yesterday at 11:27 am
amother OP wrote:
I cannot afford a nutritionist.
I have been on all kinds of diets and always gained the weight back. I tried to do the work on my own, watching what I eat, eating 80/20 and I did lose some weight. Unfortunately I have been up and down the same exact 5 lbs the past 3 months. This is no longer working for me.
I cannot cut out carbs and sugar, it backfires. I'm done with that. I need something I can do forever. I'm just so done with being so fat.
I just end up in this cycle of hating myself and my body, going on a diet/cutting things out, crashing out and regaining it and back to hating myself. It's been years of trying and getting no where.
I want to just be able to eat healthy foods in normal amounts like a normal person.
I literally am disgusted by myself. Why can't I just do what I need to and stick to it? I'm on a sure road to diabetes and that doesnt motivate me either.
I cannot afford the shots and I don't think I'm a candidate either way but ya cannot afford them.
I don't even know what I need.
I feel like I tried them all.
I just cannot stick to anything.
I have nothing to show for my years and years of trying.
Therapy did not help this at all.
I can't figure out why I eat in a way that harms me or how to change that.

Maybe an actual menu would help, and avoiding eating after dinner?
It’s slow but steady and very doable long term.
Some carbs every meal in moderation, increase protein which will help keep you full.

Sample menu (ideas from my sister and friend some of which I am doing)
Breakfast:
0% vanilla Greek yogurt with either granola or grape nuts cereal
Or eggs- great recipe: open a Mission carb balance wrap, crack an egg on it, sprinkle salt and pepper, fold it in half and microwave about a min and a half- will be like sunny side up
I also like a spinach, onion, cheese frittata when I have time

Lunch:
Cottage cheese and triscuits
Or salad with tuna, veggies, eggs, deli salad and whole wheat crackers
Or tuna wrap

Dinner:
Chicken and rice
Meat and broccoli and sweet potatoes
Salmon and mashed potatoes

Stop eating around 7pm and just drink tea or water- I’ve been hearing intermittent fasting isn’t great for women so maybe do your research on that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise