Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Asd and medication
Previous  1  2

amother
  Moonstone  

Post Yesterday at 9:39 pm
amother Peru wrote:
You take LDN for adhd?

Originally took it for chronic fatigue by my rheumatologist. Then noticed it really helped with my natural brain fog too. The cause of my ‘chronic fatigue’ ended up being from needing to release restrictions in my airway, but I still kept my ldn since it’s been so helpful.

amother
  Peru  

Post Yesterday at 9:53 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Originally took it for chronic fatigue by my rheumatologist. Then noticed it really helped with my natural brain fog too. The cause of my ‘chronic fatigue’ ended up being from needing to release restrictions in my airway, but I still kept my ldn since it’s been so helpful.
Incredible. It's been helping one of my kids with anxiety and ocd. About to start my other dc on it who has more of an adhd profile. I've been considering taking it myself for a variety of "ailments".

Curious what you mean by expanding airway restrictions. We've been doing some airway work with my children as well.

amother
  Moonstone  

Post Yesterday at 11:18 pm
amother Peru wrote:
Incredible. It's been helping one of my kids with anxiety and ocd. About to start my other dc on it who has more of an adhd profile. I've been considering taking it myself for a variety of "ailments".

Curious what you mean by expanding airway restrictions. We've been doing some airway work with my children as well.

Had my tongue, lip, cheek ties released and a septoplasty+turbinate reduction.

amother
  Peru  

Post Yesterday at 11:46 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Had my tongue, lip, cheek ties released and a septoplasty+turbinate reduction.
Wow! Did it help with the fatigue? I'm guessing it reduced sleep apnea?

amother
Wine

Post Today at 4:49 am
Risperdal and Prozac, also on Adderall but we might be stopping that because since the Prozac its benefit is less and it causes aggression. (ADHD, ASD, GAD.)
I have to say I was so against these meds but the Risperdal has been a lifesaver and the Prozac is just quality of life, there's a person to deal with and a sweet kid also, not just aggression and fighting and violence and abuse. You have no idea. If you are debating DO IT. And BH no side effects from those meds, we only had aggression from the ADHD meds, and on one of the ADHD meds we had low appetite and sleep difficulties. But Prozac and Risperdal, BH BH BH no issues whatsoever, only bracha.

amother
Outerspace

Post Today at 5:13 am
My son with ASD and ADHD is on Adderall.

amother
  Moonstone

Post Today at 10:36 am
amother Peru wrote:
Wow! Did it help with the fatigue? I'm guessing it reduced sleep apnea?

I didn’t have apnea. Didn’t snore or sleep with an open mouth either. Once I had that done, I woke up finally feeling rested!

amother
  Peru

Post Today at 10:40 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
I didn’t have apnea. Didn’t snore or sleep with an open mouth either. Once I had that done, I woke up finally feeling rested!
So interesting.

amother
Bluebell

Post Today at 10:49 am
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)