Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Career ideas for mom

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 2:49 am
I have one baby and I want to go to college. Didn’t do before for various reasons but ready now. Don’t have any credits
What would you recommend that I’ll be able to do with a baby? I’m not good at math
Thinking OT, can anyone chime in with thoughts? Tia

amother
Aubergine

Post Today at 1:14 pm
You could pursue a college degree online from home while still caring for your baby in a field you're interested in. You could then do a Masters Program (some are online too) to be a speech language pathologist. There's a lot of frum speech therapists in our local schools as it's relatively well-paying and the hours are school hours with summers off, which matches the schedules of kids in school. Another option is accounting; you said you're bad at math, but lots of people say that and aren't really bad at math, they just haven't had enough practice at it. Accounting is a field where there are always jobs available somewhere, pays pretty well, and increasingly can be done online working remotely.

amother
Yolk

Post Today at 1:30 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
You could pursue a college degree online from home while still caring for your baby in a field you're interested in. You could then do a Masters Program (some are online too) to be a speech language pathologist. There's a lot of frum speech therapists in our local schools as it's relatively well-paying and the hours are school hours with summers off, which matches the schedules of kids in school. Another option is accounting; you said you're bad at math, but lots of people say that and aren't really bad at math, they just haven't had enough practice at it. Accounting is a field where there are always jobs available somewhere, pays pretty well, and increasingly can be done online working remotely.

Are you a speech therapist?

I am and I really, really don't recommend the field (as do many others on this site-speech therapy has a really bad rep these days lol)

amother
Maize

Post Today at 1:34 pm
Is there anything you like doing? Talents?
Business minded? Like children? Computers?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics