Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Weird advertisement; what are they thinking??
Previous  1  2  3  4

44now

Post Today at 9:54 am
The one that's fully shaven Puke Puke It's extremely suggestive and just plain gross.

amother
Bergamot

Post Today at 10:03 am
Yeah I like the fuzzy cozy sheep more. Thank god my husband also likes my cozy fuzzy bush. Laser is too painful.

ora_43

Post Today at 10:05 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
its the reference.

the only part on the body that is bushy like a sheep is that area.

maybe it wasnt the intention but it is definitely the imagery for this particular animal

I've heard a lot of euphemisms for that area but none involving farm animals. IDK I think this is a stretch.

chanatron1000

Post Today at 10:31 am
I think it's funny, but it's like an ad against laser hair removal, because the sheep definitely looks better before it's lasered.

cupcake123

Post Today at 10:33 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
I think it's funny, but it's like an ad against laser hair removal, because the sheep definitely looks better before it's lasered.

😅😅

amother
  Milk  

Post Today at 10:35 am
amother Freesia wrote:
I thought it was hilarious and adorable.

Hello blondie

amother
  Foxglove

Post Today at 10:41 am
amother Milk wrote:
Hello blondie

?

amother
  Milk

Post Today at 10:42 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
?

Anyone who thinks the ad is adorable obviously does not suffer from excess hair

amother
Navyblue

Post Today at 10:46 am
amother Milk wrote:
Anyone who thinks the ad is adorable obviously does not suffer from excess hair

That’s a strange assumption. Or they have a different sense of humor and taste than you.

amother
Carnation

Post Today at 11:00 am
I saw the ad last week and found it very distasteful. Did not yet see this week's ad but it sounds even worse.
I see copywriters and graphic artists busy on Linkedin posting how they are so out of the box and a plain ad is a bad ad and I find it terrible. Not all obviously but to any graphic artist out there please keep in mind your audience and their sensitivities and not just the clicks or that yay now you got us to talk about it.

Because while I may have noticed that sheep ad and I did talk about it I am NOT going there for my laser.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Today at 11:30 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
Ewww!!

And no , its meant to make you imagine a hairy sheep ie a hairy body, and then the end result which is a clean shaven sheep ie a smooth body.
Gross!

A relaxing peaceful background would be nicer, to advertise their surrounding.

Every frum ad for women is obscure like that lately. It’s a bit jarring as an MO observer, some Lakewood and Monsey clothing and sheital companies advertise in our papers with pictures of an empty store not even showing the clothes or hint to the services.

amother
Mint

Post Today at 11:35 am
I don't see the bid deal. Honestly when I think of Lazer hair removal I think of my dark facial hair.

mommyla

Post Today at 11:52 am
amother Mint wrote:
I don't see the bid deal. Honestly when I think of Lazer hair removal I think of my dark facial hair.

Ad agency, take note: next time use Wooly Willy LOL

I don’t find it offensive but it is cringy.

PinkFridge  

Post Today at 11:57 am
amother Seablue wrote:
Why is that what you think it's referencing? That's not what it makes me think of
I don't get it. Women get laser for all areas.

The optics were not the same tone as typical laser ads.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Today at 3:22 pm
If you think of laser hair removal as eeewwww, then ok, I guess this ad just reinforces that. But if you agree with laser hair removal in general, surely laser hair removal is just that - hair removal. Obviously YOU dont have as much hair as a sheep, but you still want it removed - just like a sheep wants to be shorn!

The whole point of an ad is to get you to notice it and to spent time talking about it with others - especially the controversial ones. They have us all hook, line and sinker. Well done ad company.

PinkFridge

Post Today at 3:31 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
If you think of laser hair removal as eeewwww, then ok, I guess this ad just reinforces that. But if you agree with laser hair removal in general, surely laser hair removal is just that - hair removal. Obviously YOU dont have as much hair as a sheep, but you still want it removed - just like a sheep wants to be shorn!

The whole point of an ad is to get you to notice it and to spent time talking about it with others - especially the controversial ones. They have us all hook, line and sinker. Well done ad company.

Just for the fun of it, according to Google, sheep are terrified of being pinned down for shearing. Sheep do not enjoy being shorn though they do benefit from it. (Sheep do not understand, this is for your own good.)

Many women don't enjoy or bother with laser removal. They may do it themselves at home by plucking eyebrows, removing their lip hair with mustaches, shavers in some areas, and not really caring about others.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette