Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
5 yr old got called to menahel's office
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  Aster

Post Today at 5:35 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I don't think the behaviors that were described were bullying behaviors. My son has been on the receiving end and the giving end of these behaviors when he was in his first year of cheder and new to the bus. Kids do stupid things. They aren't cruel and I think that labeling wild children as bullies doesn't help anyone in the long run. I work hard to raise good kids but they are their own people and yes, they have done mean things but they are not mean kids.

Did you note that this wasn't limited to simple kid fights? It was also intentional vandalism - going up to a different child in the classroom and ripping specifically their painting.

Either the child doing the ripping needs a neuropsych evaluation or the child doing the ripping is simply a bully. But that is not "kids do stupid things" or "wild children" or "kids do mean things but they aren't mean kids." The intention and lack of immediate trigger sets it apart from "you hit me so I hit you back" on the bus.

amother
  Cappuccino

Post Today at 9:21 am
amother Aster wrote:
Did you note that this wasn't limited to simple kid fights? It was also intentional vandalism - going up to a different child in the classroom and ripping specifically their painting.

Either the child doing the ripping needs a neuropsych evaluation or the child doing the ripping is simply a bully. But that is not "kids do stupid things" or "wild children" or "kids do mean things but they aren't mean kids." The intention and lack of immediate trigger sets it apart from "you hit me so I hit you back" on the bus.

Just yesterday my son's drawing was ripped up by a classmate. I know his classmate, he's an active, impulsive 6 year old. They're friends, he's not a bully, he just doesn't think before he acts.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 11:47 am
amother Aster wrote:
So the bully knows your son's name, I hope your son knows the bully's name...

We know the other boy's name.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children