Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Weird advertisement; what are they thinking??
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

bebrave

Post Today at 2:54 am
Very weird, I agree with you

amother
Freesia

Post Today at 3:46 am
I thought it was hilarious and adorable.

amother
Tealblue

Post Today at 4:08 am
Would love to see a picture of the advertisement

amother
Raspberry

Post Today at 4:32 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
Would love to see a picture of the advertisement

amother
Hotpink

Post Today at 5:00 am
[quoteamother OP"]They probably also think it's cute, but I think it's actually quite disgusting. It's an advertisement for laser hair removal for women, what do they think people are imagining when they're seeing the advertisement? Yuck[/quote]
Am I missing something? Does a sheep represent something a bit deeper that I'm not getting, something not so appropriate?

amother
  Teal

Post Today at 5:09 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
Ewww!!

And no , its meant to make you imagine a hairy sheep ie a hairy body, and then the end result which is a clean shaven sheep ie a smooth body.
Gross!

A relaxing peaceful background would be nicer, to advertise their surrounding.

Yes, that’s typically the point of hair removal. Either way it’s made to make you see the SHEEP, as you said

I don’t find it gross, I think it’s creative and cute. Would make me use them over somewhere else, honestly

doodlesmom

Post Today at 5:10 am
I like it!

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 5:15 am
amother Raspberry wrote:

This isn't this week's advertisement. This week is a fully clean shaven sheep.
It's like a sequel, every week a different step in the process.....

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 5:16 am
[

amother
Papaya

Post Today at 5:20 am
I didn’t see this ad but there’s this one laser place that advertises “be hair free”. And all I can think of is I don’t want chemo!

ddmom

Post Today at 5:32 am
The ad is in very poor taste but the point of advertising is that people should talk about it so they were successful! A whole thread talking about it! Look at how many ppl didn't see the ad but will go look at it now!
I guess time will tell if they get more or less business as a result!

lamplighter

Post Today at 5:37 am
I think it's weird but I don't think it's gross or inappropriate.

PinkFridge  

Post Today at 5:50 am
I think it's extremely inappropriate. I'm pretty sure I did see it but no longer have the magazine. I'm sorry I didn't email them right away. But I'm sure they're reading this thread. If any of the major magazines are thinking of running it, please do what you claim you always do and run it by your rabbinic/advisory board.
If you're embarrassed to have to explain to someone who doesn't get it, guess what: That means the ad's off.

amother
Brown

Post Today at 6:31 am
I'm usually very sensitive to crude or crass advertising. And also I could never understand ladies going to other frum ladies to have their hair removed. So it's funny that this ad campaign totally didn't get my hackles up. At all.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 6:32 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
[
Am I missing something? Does a sheep represent something a bit deeper that I'm not getting, something not so appropriate?

It's supposed to represent a women's body.

amother
Blueberry

Post Today at 6:34 am
I think the ad is cute, and I'm baffled as to why anyone would find it offensive.

amother
Cobalt

Post Today at 6:39 am
It’s a strange idea

amother
Milk  

Post Today at 6:42 am
I saw it and though it was poor taste. If you want to attract customers make your prices low! I also only go out of the community for laser so not applicable to me

icedcoffee

Post Today at 6:44 am
I genuinely don't understand the issue... I've seen a lot of similar shaving/hair-removal related ads. What

amother
Honey  

Post Today at 6:47 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
I think the ad is cute, and I'm baffled as to why anyone would find it offensive.

I find it offensive. Not sure if I can express myself properly, but being compared to an animal with a full body covering of fur just has me cringing. We may have a thin layer of hair that we would like to remove from certain places, but we aren't a sheep that needs its coat removed at intervals.

I hold my body in a better light than being compared to an animal (or patch of grass for that matter).

Besides, if I would want to select a place to get hair removal, I would choose one that promotes a relaxing environment than one that suggests being shorn like a sheep.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette