Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Weird advertisement; what are they thinking??
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:54 pm
Last week there was an advertisement in the local circular for a new laser place. The advertisement had a picture of a sheep with overgrown wool sitting on the exam table. We were all cringing about it & the women in my circles were up with it how weird the advertisement is. So this week there's a continuation of the advertisement, a picture of a clean shaven sheep!!! Oh my! Now I have all those unnecessary images in my head, and of course my friends/siblings, and even my kids realized it & while we're finding it hilarious, we're disgusted at the same time.
What are they thinking??? Would you send a discreet email to make them aware how the advertisement comes across?

amother
Stonewash  

Post Yesterday at 11:56 pm
I haven’t seen the ad, but I would most definitely send an email.
Sensitivity is gone with the wind. Rolling Eyes

amother
Begonia

Post Yesterday at 11:57 pm
Was so weird!!

amother
Teal  

Post Yesterday at 11:58 pm
I think it’s a cute idea

.. throw the tomatoes

amother
  Stonewash

Post Today at 12:00 am
May I ask where you saw the ad?

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 12:00 am
amother Teal wrote:
I think it’s a cute idea

.. throw the tomatoes

They probably also think it's cute, but I think it's actually quite disgusting. It's an advertisement for laser hair removal for women, what do they think people are imagining when they're seeing the advertisement? Yuck

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 12:01 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
May I ask where you saw the ad?

In the local Monsey circulars. Community connections & the Monsey view.

Cheiny

Post Today at 12:05 am
amother OP wrote:
Last week there was an advertisement in the local circular for a new laser place. The advertisement had a picture of a sheep with overgrown wool sitting on the exam table. We were all cringing about it & the women in my circles were up with it how weird the advertisement is. So this week there's a continuation of the advertisement, a picture of a clean shaven sheep!!! Oh my! Now I have all those unnecessary images in my head, and of course my friends/siblings, and even my kids realized it & while we're finding it hilarious, we're disgusted at the same time.
What are they thinking??? Would you send a discreet email to make them aware how the advertisement comes across?

I guess when they can’t show an actual woman, their options are limited… Smile

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 12:08 am
Cheiny wrote:
I guess when they can’t show an actual woman, their options are limited… Smile

LOL

NechaMom

Post Today at 12:13 am
Didn't see it but eeeeeeew Can't Believe It

gr82no

Post Today at 12:24 am
I saw it and thought gross but my toddler was happy to see a shepseleh!

Success10

Post Today at 12:46 am
For laser places I've seen all sorts of original imagery used to convey the concept.
Including overgrown grass. Whatever. I think I appreciate the creativity. I don't find it offensive.

amother
Silver

Post Today at 1:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Last week there was an advertisement in the local circular for a new laser place.........
What are they thinking???

To quote me every time I ask my kids the same rhetorical question, They weren't.

amother
  Teal  

Post Today at 1:48 am
amother OP wrote:
They probably also think it's cute, but I think it's actually quite disgusting. It's an advertisement for laser hair removal for women, what do they think people are imagining when they're seeing the advertisement? Yuck

Why do you think it’s disgusting? I’m imagining a sheep getting laser hair removal, which is funny. If you think people are suddenly imagining a woman getting laser because of the sheep, it made no difference they were thinking of that the second they saw an ad for a laser spa. Could have literally been a blank page with laser hair removal written on it. IMO the sheep gives you something else to think about

Raizle

Post Today at 1:59 am
I don't get why it's so bad. Firstly why do minds have to go to that particular place? And even if it did represent that, so what? Should they show the actual image?

amother
Cyan

Post Today at 2:05 am
NechaMom wrote:
Didn't see it but eeeeeeew Can't Believe It

I think you mean 'ewe' LOL

amother
Foxglove  

Post Today at 3:07 am
amother Cyan wrote:
I think you mean 'ewe' LOL

I don't chap

amother
Geranium

Post Today at 3:24 am
amother Foxglove wrote:
I don't chap

Ewe is a female sheep. Very funny Cyan! LOL

amother
Denim

Post Today at 4:37 am
I also think it's funny. To each their own.

amother
Hyssop  

Post Today at 5:41 am
amother Teal wrote:
Why do you think it’s disgusting? I’m imagining a sheep getting laser hair removal, which is funny. If you think people are suddenly imagining a woman getting laser because of the sheep, it made no difference they were thinking of that the second they saw an ad for a laser spa. Could have literally been a blank page with laser hair removal written on it. IMO the sheep gives you something else to think about

Ewww!!

And no , its meant to make you imagine a hairy sheep ie a hairy body, and then the end result which is a clean shaven sheep ie a smooth body.
Gross!

A relaxing peaceful background would be nicer, to advertise their surrounding.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette