Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What color to paint walls of entrance hallway and stairs?

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 10:27 pm
If you are up to date on colors/styles, what color would you suggest to paint entrance hall and stairs of colonial?

Banister /railings are brown wood.

White? Off white? Cream?

amother
Bellflower

Post Yesterday at 10:29 pm
We wanted grey but have a similar brown toned house and kitchen. We are doing sherwin williams perfect greige

amother
Lightcoral

Post Yesterday at 10:34 pm
Deep tan/ browns are back in
https://paintdenver.com/2025-p.....ends/

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BE.....90661

bling3  

Post Yesterday at 10:52 pm
We did Pale Oak from Benjamin Moore in entry /hallway/living room / dining room
Soft, light, goes with Grey's, and browns. I love it. We did in Pearl finish.

ETA: This was recommended by a decorator.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 10:58 pm
Thanks!! Another thing to keep in mind is that we probably won't be painting again for many years (tight budget) so maybe something that would be good over time, more neutral that won't go out of style lol

bling3

Post Yesterday at 11:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks!! Another thing to keep in mind is that we probably won't be painting again for many years (tight budget) so maybe something that would be good over time, more neutral that won't go out of style lol

You can also use scuffx from Benjamin Moore that is supposed to very durable and washable. It was recommended by our contractor.

amother
Black

Post Yesterday at 11:15 pm
Balboa mist, my decorator recommended it. It’s perfect neutral, matches everything

amother
Cantaloupe  

Post Today at 12:27 am
We had a decorator help with paint colors 1 year ago. Our foyer and stairs is Silver Satin 856 (egg shell). It gives a whitish impression. But really it's a very pale taupe

amother
  Cantaloupe

Post Today at 12:29 am
amother Black wrote:
Balboa mist, my decorator recommended it. It’s perfect neutral, matches everything

We actually did Balboa mist in our bedroom and was recommended by our decorator. It's a bit darker than the silver satin I mentioned above. Much more of a color as opposed to giving a whiter impression

twizzlers1

Post Today at 1:24 am
I don’t have a particular color advice, but what I will say is it’s worth it to buy a sample. Get a few that you like and put them on different places. It looks completely different and different types of lighting. Look at it during the day and at night and see how you like it. It’s weird because we have the same paint in our living room and dining room but it looks like different colors because of the way the lighting is. We also went with Benjamin Moore tuff which is quite a bit more, especially in Israel, but it is well worth it because it cleans so easily and holds up really well. We’ve had it for a few years and it looks like new. It wouldn’t say it’s worth it for spaces like the bedrooms, but for high Areas it’s really worth at least that’s what we found.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics