online/chats  
 23%  [ 12 ]
by myself  
 27%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 51

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 6:27 pm
dont judge- I feel bad enough already. I got "fired" (I was an ABA and they thought I wasn't a good match for the child) last year. I finished the year off with unemployment and making it by. The summer job that I worked in for a few years kicked me out this summer (I think to give it to their relatives) and this year I have been searching with no end for a decent job opportunity but everything keeps falling to the side! I decided to go back to college for special ed but now all of my friends are telling me I won't find a job because of the cutbacks. I feel so helpless, every job I look into fails, I'm sending my child to babysitting because I had to to reserve my spot and Im not even making an income. I needed to vent.

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 6:32 pm
Oiy! Must feel awful!!

May it be a kapparah!

But I sure hope Hashem sends you the right job quickly!

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 6:49 pm
Yeah, I was there. It feels so awful.

I'm a few years later and successful in my career but I really remember how stupid I felt back then. And looking back it wasn't anything personal it just was.

Tiredmom3

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 7:22 pm
That is incredibly painful. I sorry.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:04 pm
Similar situation here. Hatzlacha to both of us.
I agree that special ed is not a good field to go into at this point.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:11 pm
This is so hard. I’m sorry and I hope you find a job really soon!
I feel you a bit. I didn’t get fired but I’m also looking for a job right now and I feel completely useless
I’m thinking to go to college. Not to derail thread but does anyone recommend a good field to go into if not for special ed?

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Yesterday at 12:40 am
amother OP wrote:
dont judge- I feel bad enough already. I got "fired" (I was an ABA and they thought I wasn't a good match for the child) last year. I finished the year off with unemployment and making it by. The summer job that I worked in for a few years kicked me out this summer (I think to give it to their relatives) and this year I have been searching with no end for a decent job opportunity but everything keeps falling to the side! I decided to go back to college for special ed but now all of my friends are telling me I won't find a job because of the cutbacks. I feel so helpless, every job I look into fails, I'm sending my child to babysitting because I had to to reserve my spot and Im not even making an income. I needed to vent.

Perhaps consider Nursing school? You can consider working as a Nurses Aide in the meantime?
Or look for another ABA?'
Keep looking and we will all be davening for your success. Hashem Yaazor.

Lizzie4

Post Yesterday at 12:49 am
Recruiter here:

That sounds incredibly frustrating!

B"ez, Hashem will send you the right opportunity soon. There are many great companies hiring.

Sometimes it helps to have your resume rewritten. It really makes a difference. I can help you out if that is what you want. PM me!

amother
Stonewash

Post Yesterday at 9:11 am
Not sure what to respond, I looked online and reached out to a recruiter directly about a specific job opportunity. She came back to me a few weeks later with alternate jobs, one of which I accepted.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics