Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Hit me with your roast recipes

Tao

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 7:42 pm
So, I never usually buy nice cuts of meat for Yom Tov. It's out of our budget and we're happy with cheaper things, like chicken. I get creative and try to make the most of each meat (for example, if you make pulled meat wantons, you get way more out of a smaller piece of meat than if you'd serve the meat the same size etc)
But this year, we are alone for most of the Yom Tov meals, because my baby is too difficult to take anywhere at night, we don't have guests on Rosh Hashana, and we can't have guests over Succos because we don't fit (and I'm not having women in a separate room lol).
So basically, I decided to take the leap and buy a nice roast for the very first time, to serve for a few meals so it feels like Yom Tov even with no company. I'm thinking about this piece of meat and I'm feeling way outta my depth over here LOL LOL

Please post your best roast recipes that are very kid-friendly and very easy - no time to patchke Laugh !

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 8:04 pm
What cut of meat is it?

aria3578

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 8:32 pm
Tao wrote:
So, I never usually buy nice cuts of meat for Yom Tov. It's out of our budget and we're happy with cheaper things, like chicken. I get creative and try to make the most of each meat (for example, if you make pulled meat wantons, you get way more out of a smaller piece of meat than if you'd serve the meat the same size etc)
But this year, we are alone for most of the Yom Tov meals, because my baby is too difficult to take anywhere at night, we don't have guests on Rosh Hashana, and we can't have guests over Succos because we don't fit (and I'm not having women in a separate room lol).
So basically, I decided to take the leap and buy a nice roast for the very first time, to serve for a few meals so it feels like Yom Tov even with no company. I'm thinking about this piece of meat and I'm feeling way outta my depth over here LOL LOL

Please post your best roast recipes that are very kid-friendly and very easy - no time to patchke Laugh !

My go to roast recipe is @chantzyw coffee rub

French roast
I like to average about 1/2 lb per adult

Slice onions on bottom of pan
As many as you want (I usually do about 3 big ones)
Sprinkle 2-2.5 tablespoons coffe rub on both sides of the meat and rub it in using gloves
1 cup cooking wine poured over meat and onions

Cover and bake at 350 for about 2.5-3 hours

Coffee rub recipe:
4 tablespoons coffee
4 tablespoons sugar (personally I use coconut sugar)
4 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons black pepper
4 tablespoons paprika
4 teaspoons onion powder
4 teaspoons garlic powder
Mix and store in a container

I do 4x the recipe and keep it in my spices cabinet. I use it on chicken also sometimes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics