Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Frum couple musical duos
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

chestnut  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:22 am
amother Azure wrote:
It was a while ago. I think it was that only provocative singing is the issue.

Interesting, thanks.

amother
  Starflower

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:30 am
https://www.google.com/search?.....UTF-8

Breindy and Matt

Ruchel  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:33 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
I don't think it's tzinius at all. You want to find a fringe rabbi who approves fine but this is not mainstream accepted.

With a microphone, and online, and not alone becomes less fringe. Just saying. Also some hold ok if you've never seen her. By some I mean huge rabbi I won't name

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:40 am
I don't think it's tzinius at all. You want to find a fringe rabbi who approves fine but this is not mainstream accepted.

Fine. Being that we are all (hopefully) women here, we are surely allowed to listen. If you think they shouldn't do it, that's another thing.
For those who want to discuss the permissibality, can you please start a spinoff?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:43 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
Can you embed the youtube videos? would love to see

Can you see from a link?
This is my favorite one from the Basches. Absolutely mesmerizing.
https://youtu.be/0u5inmXpYlo?s.....lqbd-

This is the clip from Yonina that made them famous. (One Day by Mattisyahu).
https://youtu.be/3WpqZgXRxUM?s.....8f3AV

Here they are singing an original (I think) . Gorgeous song and music video.
https://youtu.be/XqDH6RH5jas?s.....TO5nB

shabbatiscoming  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 11:44 am

The op literally asked for no negative replies.
There was literally no reason to post this. Just dont read or reply if you have nothing nice to say.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 11:59 am
I love couple of Basch’s. I love their cover of halev sheli

amother
  NeonYellow  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:13 pm
Ruchel wrote:
With a microphone, and online, and not alone becomes less fringe. Just saying. Also some hold ok if you've never seen her. By some I mean huge rabbi I won't name

Why not name the rabbi then. If it's so permissible why does not big rabbi ever come out and say so

amother
  NeonYellow

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:14 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
There was literally no reason to post this. Just dont read or reply if you have nothing nice to say.

I'm sorry ops.dont get to micromanage a thread. This is a frum site we are allowed to discuss the halachas involved

shabbatiscoming  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:15 pm
I'm sorry ops.dont get to micromanage a thread. This is a frum site we are allowed to discuss the halachas involved

Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
Okaaay then.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:17 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Exactly. Please ladies. Take the halachic discussion elsewhere.
I am sharing this for people who might enjoy the music.

Ps. If you are a woman, you may enjoy it. I don't think anyone will argue on that. I wasn't suggesting that you have your husband listen to it.

amother
Dustypink

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:21 pm
If this thread is a safe haven for all things not halachicly ok for mainstream frum women would you mind if I link to a beautiful Buddha incense ceremony for those that might enjoy?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:24 pm
amother Denim wrote:
I love couple of Basch’s. I love their cover of halev sheli

Stunning!!
Here it is:
https://youtu.be/Y5P5oMcyMIA?s.....zgqTp

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:26 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
If this thread is a safe haven for all things not halachicly ok for mainstream frum women would you mind if I link to a beautiful Buddha incense ceremony for those that might enjoy?

Are you ok with posting other frum women singers who put out videos? If yes, please explain why this is different.

chestnut  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:35 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:

Why can't you listen to her singing in a duet with her husband? I love listening to them.
Do you also not listen to female singers who perform solo?

Ema of 5  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:43 pm

So make a spinoff. Why do you need to derail and turn negative a nice thread?

Ema of 5  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 2:14 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:

I’m not sure why people have an issue. No one is forcing you to listen to or watch anything you don’t want to. No one is discussing something which is not halachically sanctioned. They literally asked their rabbi. You don’t agree with him? So don’t agree with him.

https://www.koltorah.org/halac.....t=amp

As you can see from this article (with sources posted) there are many different opinions. So now can we go back to just discussing music?

amother
Opal  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 2:35 pm
Thank you OP for starting this thread and brightening my day with some beautiful music!

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 2:54 pm
I'm not sure why some people are bothered. I can listen to women singing, and I can listen to men singing. And I am even allowed to listen to both. I don't think anyone was coming on here to say show this to your teenaged boys and dh as it's fine for them to listen to.
The same way people post music videos of women singing, it's the same concept.
And I also love listening to them. Thanks for posting op.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 2:56 pm
amother Opal wrote:
Thank you OP for starting this thread and brightening my day with some beautiful music!

You're welcome.
There was a time a couple of months ago when I had to spend many hours working on a project. I worked through the night many times. During this time, I discovered the music of the Basches and fell in love with the song Brivele. I would listen to that song on repeat, like 30 times in a row.

Shortly afterwards, I went to a wedding in NY. And during dancing, I spotted Shaindee Basch dancing with the kalla. She was a relative. I wanted to go over to thank her for her music but I didn't have the guts.
Anyway, that song really touched me, especially the way the two of them sing it.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts