Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Frum couple musical duos
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:26 am
I know this isn't for everyone here, and I think it's kind of a new thing.
But I am really enjoying these duets.

They are frum couples who sing and produce music together. There's something very special and sweet to me.

One couple I enjoy listening to is called Yonina. They are Yoni and Nina Tokayer, an Israeli-American duo who have been putting out music for about 8 years now. Both have beautiful voices and play many instruments. They sometimes include their kids in the videos.

Another couple is Shaindee and Avromi Basch. They go by A couple of Basches. They are American, from NY, and also have great voices and great energy, and kids that join the music videos . This second couple have been featured on at least two podcasts that I have seen.

Wondering if anyone else has heard these and if you know of other couples who do a similar thing?

(Please no negative comments or lashon hara. Obviously it is Kol Isha.)

amother
Razzmatazz  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:29 am
I've been watching Yonina for years now! They have beautifully sweet voices and when they include t their daughter.....stunning!

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:30 am
just to touch on this point:

"Obviously it is Kol Isha"

Not obviously at all. There are many opinions that say if a woman is singing with another person (people) it is not kol isha. Also, there are opinions that it's not kol isha unless it's live (meaning, not listened to via cd/mp3/spotify, etc.

cnc  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:30 am
I really enjoy both!
I discovered Yonina on here a few years ago.

amother
Starflower  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:31 am
Breindy and Matt, a South African duo, she sings, he plays

Ruchel  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:43 am
I thought Yonina was her lol.

Also my grandparents zal, he sung she did balalaika because women "didn't sing"

I want to sing with my husband but somehow we haven't gotten to it yet. There is my husband and our sons online though. No, not posting it here because people.

amother
Azure  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:48 am
amother Kiwi wrote:

Not obviously at all. There are many opinions that say if a woman is singing with another person (people) it is not kol isha. Also, there are opinions that it's not kol isha unless it's live (meaning, not listened to via cd/mp3/spotify, etc.

nina actually talks about this. she said she didn't used to perform in front of men because of kol isha but a rabbi sat down with her and explained why it was ok...

chestnut  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:59 am
Yonina couple is the cutest.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:00 am
amother Kiwi wrote:

Ok. There are diff opinions. I just didn't want to sidetrack this thread with any controversy.

I'm just sharing what I think is wonderful music and wondering if there are more couples like this.

chestnut  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:01 am
amother Azure wrote:
nina actually talks about this. she said she didn't used to perform in front of men because of kol isha but a rabbi sat down with her and explained why it was ok...

How did he explain it, cause she sings together with someone and not solo? I heard of the opinion of a few women singing being ok cause don't know which voice is whose. When it's two ppl of different gender, one can hear it clearly, though

Ema of 5  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:08 am
amother OP wrote:
I know this isn't for everyone here, and I think it's kind of a new thing.
But I am really enjoying these duets.

They are frum couples who sing and produce music together. There's something very special and sweet to me.

One couple I enjoy listening to is called Yonina. They are Yoni and Nina Tokayer, an Israeli-American duo who have been putting out music for about 8 years now. Both have beautiful voices and play many instruments. They sometimes include their kids in the videos.

Another couple is Shaindee and Avromi Basch. They go by A couple of Basches. They are American, from NY, and also have great voices and great energy, and kids that join the music videos . This second couple have been featured on at least two podcasts that I have seen.

Wondering if anyone else has heard these and if you know of other couples who do a similar thing?

(Please no negative comments or lashon hara. Obviously it is Kol Isha.)

I love Yonina!! They are amazing! I’ve never heard of the other couple, but I am going to look them up.

Ema of 5  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:09 am
amother Starflower wrote:

They have YouTube videos?
Edit: found them on Spotify

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:11 am
amother Starflower wrote:

Wow!!! what a voice she has! Totally different.
Thanks for posting this.

amother
Olive  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:13 am
Can someone post it here please?

Ema of 5  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:14 am
amother Olive wrote:
Can someone post it here please?

Post what?

amother
  Azure

chestnut wrote:
How did he explain it, cause she sings together with someone and not solo? I heard of the opinion of a few women singing being ok cause don't know which voice is whose. When it's two ppl of different gender, one can hear it clearly, though

It was a while ago. I think it was that only provocative singing is the issue.

amother
  Olive

Ema of 5 wrote:
Post what?

Videos of the couples mentioned

amother
Eggshell  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:17 am
Can you embed the youtube videos? would love to see

amother
NeonYellow  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:20 am
I don't think it's tzinius at all. You want to find a fringe rabbi who approves fine but this is not mainstream accepted.

amother
  NeonYellow  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:22 am
chestnut wrote:

They do solos they switch off its not even joint. So that excuse goes out the window. You will always find a fringe rabbi to approve anything
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts