Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Give me some chizuk
Previous  1  2  3  4

BasKol

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 12:31 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
Yes, positive thinking is good. But that's not authentic bitochon in hashem. An athiest can have positive thinking. So can anyone in any of the 4000 religions.

I'm asking if -for us chosen Jews- having bitochon in hashem leads to better outcomes. This would include outcomes that we can't control like fertility issues or dying of covid.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think anyone claimed a direct correlation between Bitachon and positive outcomes.

amother
  Hawthorn

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:00 pm
BasKol wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think anyone claimed a direct correlation between Bitachon and positive outcomes.

inwas responding to amother chocolate on page 2 who said......This. I listen to rabbi safdie daily betuchen shiur. Life changing. Hashem gave you money for today? He will give you for tomorrow!! Betuchen means one thing, tranquility! Listen to him and you’ll see a change. Iyh

amother
  Chocolate

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 2:35 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
inwas responding to amother chocolate on page 2 who said......This. I listen to rabbi safdie daily betuchen shiur. Life changing. Hashem gave you money for today? He will give you for tomorrow!! Betuchen means one thing, tranquility! Listen to him and you’ll see a change. Iyh

Have you ever read the choves halvaves?

ittsamother

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 10:09 am
amother Hawthorn wrote:

She said "Betuchen means one thing, tranquility!" I.e., that regardless of where life takes you and what happens to you, you are tranquil and calm and feel safe with Hashem.

Reminds me of a dvar Torah I heard once about the line in bentching about "Na'ar hayisi v'gam zakanti v'lo ra'eesi tzaddik nezav, v'zaro mevakeish lachem." You can ask how does that make sense? Clearly the tzaddik was abandoned by Hashem, he can't even feed his children, they're reduced to begging for bread! The answer is, "I never saw a tzaddik feel abandoned by Hashem. His children are begging for bread! He doesn't have what to give them! But to him, he's still not abandoned by Hashem. His inability to support and care for his children does not mean to him that he's abandoned.

Should a person born blind or deaf feel abandoned by Hashem from birth? Or do they learn to say, "This is the lot in life Hashem gave me, I must learn to make the best of the life I was given"? Nobody was ever promised a happy, enjoyable life. Nobody ever said that's even the purpose of life! Life itself is only a hallway, we're all taught this! I firmly believe that even if this life is terrible for someone, they can be earning a gorgeous life in Olam Habah. Yeah, maybe they'll die an awful death here, or lose their children or their spouse or their limbs or their house or or or ... In the grand scheme of things it's irrelevant, this is just a blip in time and their Eternity will be beautiful, spent with Hashem.

So bitachon gets you through this life and helps you maintain your tranquility as the storms of life buffet you, until you can reach safe harbor in Olam Habah.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics