Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bas mitzvah project

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:38 pm
Making my first Bas mitzvah and she’s one of the oldest in her grade- looking for an art project that won’t break the bank for 30 girls…
Please provide links if possible! My head is swimming with the possibilities and with yom tov coming, I don’t have the time to trial a bunch of interesting ideas (even though I’d like to!). My daughter loves drawing and painting, but I need something that isn’t too labor intensive, messy, or expensive for 30 kids!

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:51 pm
The beadery has kits you can buy
Paint party canvas paint brushes smocks
Decorate pencil cases
Decorate water bottles
Decorate clipboards
Decorate cupcakes
Decorate mirrors

Elfrida

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:47 am
The great thing about being one of the oldest, is that no one has done it before. In a few months time, girls will be saying that they can't do X because someone e else has already done it. You get to pick what you like!

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 2:05 am
My niece had someone come with plain plates and special markers and they decorated it, she had sample pictures of Yerushalaim for them to copy or to do something themselves.
They just had to put it in a hot oven for something like 30 mins to set it
Maybe you can buy the markers your self and find cheap plates.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 2:20 am
I don't remember the details any more but when my daughter had a bat mitzvah, I had just finished participating in a puppet making workshop for work ( I am a therapist). So, I bought supplies and had the girls make puppets that were nice enough that we donated them to the playroom of children's ward in a nearby hospital. It was really adorable.

ETA now that I'm thinking about it, I think I prepared the actual puppet part that covers the hand for each girl and they decorated them, it was probably too complicated for them to all make them from scratch.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 2:47 am
I just bought sharpies and canvas pencil cases on Amazon ($15 for 30) and the kids had fun making creative designs and personalizing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics