Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
In going crazy from my teen girl
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:02 pm
Although I agree that this is typically teen behaviour (ok maybe a bit more intense) why not make your lives easier by getting her a mentor or counselor?
Hugs and Hugs OP.

This too shall pass.
One day she'll be calling you every few seconds for advice iyH

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:23 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
Although I agree that this is typically teen behaviour (ok maybe a bit more intense) why not make your lives easier by getting her a mentor or counselor?
Hugs and Hugs OP.

This too shall pass.
One day she'll be calling you every few seconds for advice iyH

She has a "big sister", she saw a counselor and stopped (see above), her teachers try to connect to her

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 2:54 am
My teenage daughter behaves that way too. Friends said “she’s just a teenager” but I knew that wasn’t the case. She was diagnosed with depression and is on medication (not depression med, a mood stabilizer). I read “Get along with everyone” by Rabbi Shimon Gruen. The ultraviolet personality described my daughter perfectly. Nothing made her happy. She was so entitled, because I tried to give her everything she wanted. I am in therapy now and I’m learning how to be more consistent. With that and medication and therapy, her behavior and moods have improved. The book also gave me good ideas for dealing with her type of personality.

amother
  Opal

Post Yesterday at 10:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Great. Wonderful. Smart, social butterfly, happy.
And she is still all of above except for happy. She has low self esteem even though I try everything to boost it. Idk if it's on purpose and trying to get negative attention or how else to boost it. She has loving family, parents, grandparents, friends. Everything she asks for. Her own phone, her own room, etc. I really try to make her happy
If you ask her she will say she is miserable, has self hate, full of shame, hates me, hates school, hates life

I believe she needs specifcally psychological testing or (neuro psychological) who does evaluation only.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children