Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 11:18 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Start a new trend in lkwd

PLEASE!!

amother
Brickred

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 11:22 pm
Hi op,
A year and a bit ago I moved from in town to Passaic. One of the first things that struck me is the diversity.
I was coming from a place where everyone’s kids were wearing one of 3 Shabbos dresses, with of course the perfectly coordinated tights and shoes etc. everyone’s homes were sparkling and everyone had loads of cleaning help.
I have some very neat clean neighbors in Passaic, I also home some not so neat and some in between. It’s just not a pressure to be a perfectionist. It’s a more relaxing laid back place.
That said … if you have a bunch of kids — you do need to have ur act together to live here. No bus so you have to leave ur house on time and get kids to school .. with lunch (that’s a big one) snacks and drinks .. so if that overwhelms you it might not be a good fit

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 12:02 am
I'm very late for everything in Florida. It doesn't seem to be a problem socially since a lot of people drop in at my messy house often

However my house is clean just messy and I'm very organized about food and a lot of the drop ins are hungry

familyfirst

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 12:34 am
No such thing as a community where everyone is flying
For a community to be functional, it’s leaders need to be on top of their game

In general, out of town has a more laid back vibe. But beware- as soon as Intowners move in, the vibe changes and the peer pressure goes up

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 12:54 am
I live in Cleveland (Cleveland Heights). On my block people have a whole range of housekeeping styles but nobody has the pristine perfect looking houses that my relatives in Lakewood have. Most people have a lived-in look. Our family is one of the most disorganized on the block, but it doesn’t stop our neighbors from coming over all the time. People feel comfortable in my house.

azoygeshmak

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 1:54 am
Loved the suggestions, especially Chelm and the North Pole

I thought there was one section of Lakewood already like me…. Westgate?

Scranton
Bayswater
San Fernando Valley

^Never heard of these communities; do say more

amother
  Steelblue

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:05 am
Gateshead UK.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:08 am
Chicago. For real. So many many diverse types of personalities and a real OOT feel, but with all the conveniences of frum life.

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:12 am
I second Chicago

salt

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:29 am
Bnei Brak?

imaima

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:43 am
azoygeshmak wrote:
BS”D
This is not a joke, and I am asking with a real toeles as a real person.

What community has the most disorganized people? A place where everyone is “flying”—messy houses, late, all of it.

Feel free to PM. If you’re wondering why I’m asking, it’s because I’d love to fit in somewhere.

If this is not an invitation for me to start my own community, then I don’t know what is!

Seriously I had sem girls tell me that they like to come to me because my house is „normal“ as opposed to „perfect“

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:47 am
salt wrote:
Bnei Brak?

Totally . Even the streets are dirty

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:15 pm
Bat Ayin! Such a warm welcoming community where everything goes. 😀

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:31 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Start a new trend in lkwd

I live in Lakewood, work full time, and have a house full of kids who think I have a self cleaning house. I might also be the only person without cleaning help.

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:48 pm
Bayswater is the "out of town" version of Far Rockaway. The address is officially far rock, but it's a very different vibe.
There is so little pressure in Bayswater. Everyone fits in and no one judges. Most people don't have money, and no one tries to hide skeletons in their closet, because they're just authentic people.
It has a real mix of frumkeit, about 10 shuls ranging from chassidish shteebel to Agudah to a (no longer) Young Israel to sfardi kehillot.
The schools are all in Far Rockaway, so your kids friends won't necessarily just be from Bayswater, but your own carpool friends etc would be.

I don't think you want a community that's disorganized along with you; you need a place that accepts you no matter how "flying" you are and can fill in the gaps if you need help
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating