Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Trendy lkwd circles: only midi/maxi length?
Previous  1  2

amother
Camellia

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 3:24 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Midi is the new name for the infamous duty length??

Yes! There was an argument about this maybe last summer in a post about school uniform skirts. turns out a lot of ladies here equate midi to duty length when midi in the rest of the world is “short.”

amother
  Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 3:28 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
Yes! There was an argument about this maybe last summer in a post about school uniform skirts. turns out a lot of ladies here equate midi to duty length when midi in the rest of the world is “short.”

Yes! To me, mini is very short. Midi is nicely covers the knee. Knee length is when it hits the knee. Duty length comes after midi and then comes maxi.

amother
  White  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 3:29 pm
amother Camellia wrote:

There is no duty length in the rest of the world. And their short is mini. Why would anyone think we use their terms to describe tznius clothing? All non Jewish sites label it midi fyi. You can go check any.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 3:50 pm
giselle wrote:
I feel like the 4 inch rule must have been made for pencil skirts but is totally unnecessary for flary skirts.

I find that skirts are often shorter in the back.... Don't know if people always realize....

amother
  White

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 3:59 pm
4 inches is a safety measure it’s not a rule . You are generally covered at 4 inches. Less than that is usually an issue on stairs and standing up, getting in and out of cars. I don’t think people realize how much shows while you move around.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 4:21 pm
at what age do the girls start wearing midi/maxi? Should I be looking for midi or short for 11 going on 12 year old?

amother
  Honey

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 9:12 am
amother White wrote:
Huh? Do you know what midi is? 4 inches under the knee is still in the short category.

Doesn’t the mid in midi stand for mid-calf?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics