Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Belz Lakewood, is this true?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

summer0808

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:39 am
So fine. no UMAN how many men are going to Israel? for that there are funds? and how many times a year do they got israel to the rebbe?

the rebbe just made a takana about apt rental prices for RH as per another thread today. Does he know about this? (According to the Belzers he most definitely does Vhameiven yavin) All he has to do is TELL people and they do it.

This was a stunt to get people to cough up money, both the tuition payers and the big donors.

(Satmar too, that's why orientation is only today) Looks like Satmar's stunt worked.

amother
Leaf  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:40 am
Belz goes to Israel for Sukkos to be with their rebbi. Yes, I think it is a good idea, the Rebbi should announce that families should put the ticket money toward the school instead of coming to Israel. That would totally solve this problem.

It could just be that there are too many families behind in tuition so they are trying to show that if you're not serious about paying tuition we can't run the school. Often, in chassidish schools people just put it on the rich people to fund it and aren't so careful about paying.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:43 am
Im not Belz, but I am pretty sure Belz goes to their Rebbe for Rosh Hashana not sukkos.

amother
NeonBlue  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:49 am
amother Orange wrote:
I don't think it's fair to collect from the public before using their own resources. We are all stretched thin they as a community need to support their own school and changes must be made.
in Brooklyn and elsewhere, every chasidus collects from every chasidus. Every dollar adds up.

amother
Ruby  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:50 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Belz goes to Israel for Sukkos to be with their rebbi. Yes, I think it is a good idea, the Rebbi should announce that families should put the ticket money toward the school instead of coming to Israel. That would totally solve this problem.

It could just be that there are too many families behind in tuition so they are trying to show that if you're not serious about paying tuition we can't run the school. Often, in chassidish schools people just put it on the rich people to fund it and aren't so careful about paying.

But instead the Rebbe chooses to ignore this crisis in Lakewood and is instead only focusing on how to get these impoverished chassidim to him for YT
What's he teaching these kids? That he's more important than their education?

I grew up going to a Rebbe for YT as well, but not like this. In the years my father couldn't swing it, he just didn't go! And the Rebbe actually understood that some things are more important.

amother
  NeonBlue  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:56 am
amother Ruby wrote:
But instead the Rebbe chooses to ignore this crisis in Lakewood and is instead only focusing on how to get these impoverished chassidim to him for YT

I grew up going to a Rebbe for YT as well, but not like this. In the years my father couldn't swing it, he just didn't go! And the Rebbe actually understood that some things are more important.

Ignorance at its finest.
Most if not all Belzer projects are run by chasidim themselves.

amother
  Ruby

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:58 am
amother Whitewash wrote:
Here’s my opinion.
Typically the chassidim from Belz etc moving to Lakewood from their original community are doing so because they can’t afford a house in their old communities. They use all their savings etc to buy their homes in Lakewood and usually are not wealthy.
When it comes to communal orgs. Like shul, Mosdos,mikvah etc they don’t have those wealthy donors to just foot the bill and it gets very difficult!

The community was founded under the auspices of the Rebbe and his vaad, he must know what's going on there. Even if there aren't any rich donors living in Lakewood, they should still be able to rely on other donors within their chassidus.

amother
  Opal  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 11:09 am
So many lakewood schools are struggling because parents are having a hard time paying tuition. There are kids sitting home from every school because of it. Belz has many causes that they are collecting money for. They have to adjust their standards to the economy. They don't drive and not all woman work.

Theses are also some of the reasons why big donars are reluctant to donate. Even their own chassiddim.

amother
  NeonBlue

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 11:11 am
summer0808 wrote:
So fine. no UMAN how many men are going to Israel? for that there are funds? and how many times a year do they got israel to the rebbe?

the rebbe just made a takana about apt rental prices for RH as per another thread today. Does he know about this? (According to the Belzers he most definitely does Vhameiven yavin) All he has to do is TELL people and they do it.

This was a stunt to get people to cough up money, both the tuition payers and the big donors.

(Satmar too, that's why orientation is only today) Looks like Satmar's stunt worked.

I think this thread is in very poor taste.
Why is it OK to bash a rebbe whom many feel is a gadol hador?
Why is it OK to have a thriving jewish economy based on every conceivable gashmius of 2024, but a measly ticket bought a year in advance for ruchniyas purposes is being attacked?

Again, bashing a gadol on a frum forum is lowly.
Making assumptions about a kehilla situation
And posting it as facts is at best ignorance, at worst lies.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 11:16 am
Bnos Hadassa in Lakewood did not start yet for their 5-8 grade. The building they are meant to go into is not ready.

Not a financial decision, just a technical one. But that's another 200 girls sitting at home these days.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 11:18 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
Why is it OK to have a thriving jewish economy based on every conceivable gashmius of 2024, but a measly ticket bought a year in advance for ruchniyas purposes is being attacked?

I don't think they are bashing the rebbe or the price of tickets.
The amount a chossid is willing to pay for an apartment in Belz for Yom Tov is outstanding.
The rebbe is now getting involved in that and limiting the amount people can rent out their apartment. This is upsetting people who have been having this income yearly and are paying a large amount each month and now can't rent it for that price.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 11:21 am
amother Opal wrote:
So many lakewood schools are struggling because parents are having a hard time paying tuition. There are kids sitting home from every school because of it. Belz has many causes that they are collecting money for. They have to adjust their standards to the economy. They don't drive and not all woman work.

Theses are also some of the reasons why big donars are reluctant to donate. Even their own chassiddim.

What are the reasons donors are reluctant to donate? You did not give any.

amother
  Leaf

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 11:43 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:

Did Belz cheder open? Is there some how money for all the men and many families to go to Israel for Sukkos? If every family would be paying an extra $2000 in tuition instead of on luxuries the school would be able to open.

amother
Tulip  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 3:47 pm
I hope all the people who are posting with such chutzpah and azus against a tzaddik yesod olam are aware that they are eventually going to have to answer for what they're writing. Just keep that in mind.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 4:10 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
Did Belz cheder open? Is there some how money for all the men and many families to go to Israel for Sukkos? If every family would be paying an extra $2000 in tuition instead of on luxuries the school would be able to open.

Belz men/families do not go to Israel for sukkos. Some men go alone for rosh hashana.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 4:11 pm
I feel terrible that this thread caused lashon hora, it was not my intention at all.

amother
  Tulip

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 4:24 pm
amother Tan wrote:
Yes it really confuses me because I would have thought there would be enough wealthy people in their chasidus that this wouldn’t happen.

I’ve donated. Here’s the link if anyone else wants to - https://www.charidy.com/belzbyachad

I’m also curious what their tuition amount is.

Belz has relatively few rich chassidim and almost no uber-rich ones. They're always struggling to raise money for the mosdos.

Trademark  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 4:30 pm
amother Ruby wrote:

This is so ridiculous.

Who told you that the rebbe is ignoring the problem?

And what percentage chassidim are from Lakewood? And plenty of people don't go to Israel. For me it seems the prices for apartments are mostly for Israelis that come from different cities, not people traveling from chul.

What's one thing got to do with the other? I don't see it teaching anything to the kids.

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 4:31 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Bnos Hadassa in Lakewood did not start yet for their 5-8 grade. The building they are meant to go into is not ready.

Not a financial decision, just a technical one. But that's another 200 girls sitting at home these days.

Yes. My daughter is home until they start.

Tuition here is insane. I pay 700-800 a kid.

Plus expensive rent (high for Lakewood standards)

So many are struggling. I just got a call from a father who can’t afford his daughters tuition and is asking for help

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 4:34 pm
I don't have any solutions, but I was curious to know if the parents of these children are concerned at all about the illegality of keeping these children home from school.

I understand the school isn't open, but aren't the parents required to enroll their children elsewhere?

This is considered educational neglect in New Jersey and can likely result in fines and possible jail time.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics