Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Help! How do I get setts form for my kids?

metz  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:59 pm
Anyone knows how I can get setts form for my kids?? They are approved.

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:03 pm
Call the doe or go down to the district your child is apart of and may have better luck getting it in person .

metz  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:05 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Call the doe or go down to the district your child is apart of and may have better luck getting it in person .

Whats the number of doe. .
My chader pervider have to bill themselves

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:18 pm
Email the district administrator they are a part of.

metz  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:20 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
Email the district administrator they are a part of.

Emailed 4 ppl no response

hodeez

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:39 pm
Same no one answers

amother
Bubblegum  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:41 pm
Keep emailing.
They may tell you their denying services because you didn't have the placement letter in before June 1st. If you did and they tell you this email back with proof and don't let up until you get it. They're playing a nasty game

metz  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:46 pm
amother Bubblegum wrote:
Keep emailing.
They may tell you their denying services because you didn't have the placement letter in before June 1st. If you did and they tell you this email back with proof and don't let up until you get it. They're playing a nasty game

Spoke to someone finkelstein she said my kids aproved. Yaled said they never got my papers that I signed through email

amother
  Bubblegum  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:54 pm
metz wrote:
Spoke to someone finkelstein she said my kids aproved. Yaled said they never got my papers that I signed through email

Finlelstien from Boe? Your approved for what? If you have a current iep and Jun 1 letter was submitted to boe in a timely fashion. They should email you tour setts form. Any setts not mailed by now I'd because Boe didn't send that specific case for a reason. Many of their reasons are not valid and you need to spend time getting what you need.
..if yeled didn't submit your papers and is claiming didn't get your email that's ganna be a big issue..

metz  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 6:09 pm
amother Bubblegum wrote:
Finlelstien from Boe? Your approved for what? If you have a current iep and Jun 1 letter was submitted to boe in a timely fashion. They should email you tour setts form. Any setts not mailed by now I'd because Boe didn't send that specific case for a reason. Many of their reasons are not valid and you need to spend time getting what you need.
..if yeled didn't submit your papers and is claiming didn't get your email that's ganna be a big issue..

She said that they are approved for setts... I have papers that I signed July 23 and sent to yaled..

amother
  Bubblegum  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 6:46 pm
metz wrote:
She said that they are approved for setts... I have papers that I signed July 23 and sent to yaled..

Was that at a turning 5 meeting?
If so you don't need a June 1 letter. You just need to badger boe for your setts form. Did you reach out to finlelstien , shes usually helpful and forward email to correct person.
Unless you have your case locked in to yeled and they aren't releasing in which case you should badger them.
Sometimes the best thing to do is go down to boe. And sit in waiting room until helped. Get names (and contact information) for all those who you converse with

metz

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 6:52 pm
amother Bubblegum wrote:
Was that at a turning 5 meeting?
If so you don't need a June 1 letter. You just need to badger boe for your setts form. Did you reach out to finlelstien , shes usually helpful and forward email to correct person.
Unless you have your case locked in to yeled and they aren't releasing in which case you should badger them.
Sometimes the best thing to do is go down to boe. And sit in waiting room until helped. Get names (and contact information) for all those who you converse with

I looked through my emails now and see the I signed papers In may. Will have to ask yaled again what's going on.. my provider spoke to them.. what's her number or email address? She called me for something else

amother
  Bubblegum

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:13 pm
metz wrote:
I looked through my emails now and see the I signed papers In may. Will have to ask yaled again what's going on.. my provider spoke to them.. what's her number or email address? She called me for something else

can you be clearer about what you signed in May and what was in june?

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:24 pm
Is there any hope in my child receiving services if I did not sign the june 1st letter?

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:30 pm
Reach out to Toba Lichtenstein, Agudah’s Parent Navigator Program. 212-797-9000 x 327
TLichtenstein@agudah.org
She helped a few people who I know get their SETSS authorization.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 8:14 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Is there any hope in my child receiving services if I did not sign the june 1st letter?

Yes there is hope because half the city is up in arms over this. Many people didn't receive the notice prior to June 1st, others didn't understand what it was, a whole bunch of people are saying they did send it in but the doe didn't process it... I've heard about a class action lawsuit... What's the reason you didn't sign? Did you get the letter?

Anyway yes there's hope but it could be a stressful process. I would be a squeaky wheel. Call all the numbers and email all the people every day. Threaten to sue and let them call your bluff. It doesn't hurt to be annoying, they might give in just to get rid of you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics