Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
New podcast for kids
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:19 am
Im in the process of creating a podcast for kids.

I’m wondering what would be the best way to get the Jewish world (targeting young kids) to know about my podcast. Ideally I’d like to stay away from social media if possible.

I’m not really doing it for the money just yet. My kids have been begging me to do this and I think it’s a great idea and kids (and their moms) will really benefit. Just want to get the word out, and don’t want to spend much on advertising.

Just curious -Anyone know how it works to get your album/podcast on 24/6 or naki? Do you make money for every listen or it’s just an overall sum?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:23 am
Sounds cool! Social media would be the way to go. You don’t have to do the talking though, you can hire an influencer to promote the podcast.

Speaking as a totally uneducated person who would be a consumer of your product. I don’t know how I’d hear of it other than influencer marketing. I guess ads in the mishpacha and ami could work too.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:26 am
Right but influencers all cost money. Any idea how much?
Which influencers would you say would be the best to reach my target audience? I’d say moms of kids ages 4-10

amother
Smokey  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:05 pm
Morah Tziri started Inkredible kids podcast in Baltimore. I know her directly and know that she would send out messages to her former students' parents and kids classmates' parents (I'm in those groups, and don't know who else she reached out to--guessing family and friends in her contacts). She asked us to spread the word about her podcast. It took time, but eventually her name really got out there.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:28 pm
Right. I didn’t hear about her until the war started and the tehillim army began.

I feel like I don’t have that many groups to send this out to

fauxreal  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:34 pm
I think print ads targeting moms can be a great start.

Also placing the podcast it on a platform like Zing can reach many ears.

amother
  Smokey

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
Right. I didn’t hear about her until the war started and the tehillim army began.

I feel like I don’t have that many groups to send this out to

You can start with your kids' classmates, neighbors, siblings, cousins, friends. Let them put it on for their kids. You'd be surprised how quickly it can spread if it's good.

She had a nice network to start with between her students and kids' classmates. But it's a small school so the numbers weren't huge.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:35 pm
What’s zing? 🙈

And which magazine? Family first? They are so expensive and really at the moment I’m not doing it for money. Honestly putting all this work in so kids could enjoy

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:37 pm
What's your podcast about, for starters?

fauxreal

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
What’s zing? 🙈

And which magazine? Family first? They are so expensive and really at the moment I’m not doing it for money. Honestly putting all this work in so kids could enjoy

Zing is a kosher music app/device and they have a tone of podcasts and story tapes for kids.
My kid listens every night.

Probably costs money though.

DVOM

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 4:43 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
What's your podcast about, for starters?

I'm curious too!

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 5:16 pm
I don’t wanna say just yet, but it’ll be entertaining for kids!
But I will turn it around and ask you— what would your kids want to listen to?

Q- do your kids like short podcasts 2-5mins or only long like 30 mins?

Would I make money on zing? Or I’d have to pay to have it on there?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:19 pm
I can see my kids being interested. Can I put in a request that it be frum type neutral like not heavy on the yiddish....something more modern kids might be interested in as well?

oohlala  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:23 pm
My kids like the brains on podcast, not Jewish but fascinating. I would be curious about yours. But I can’t really think of another way to get the word out without spending money unless u use social media.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 7:44 pm
What about advertising right here?
Frum websites?
Alot of podcasts I listen to, I found out about from write ups on the frum news websites.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:04 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I can see my kids being interested. Can I put in a request that it be frum type neutral like not heavy on the yiddish....something more modern kids might be interested in as well?

Yes yes yes. For sure.

Any topic requests your kids would be into?

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:18 pm
I would find it if it turns up in Spotify with the right keywords. Or if it comes up as "more like this" linked to Inkredible Kids. I don't know enough about Spotify to tell you how to make that happen, though.

Personally, longer podcasts are better. And the more often you release the more we will know to tune in.

dena613

Post Mon, Sep 09 2024, 11:21 pm
My kids love the inkredible kids podcast.
They imitate the way morah tziri starts things each time.

DEFINITELY long podcasts! At least40 minutes. An hour is better.

I am not even sure what a 3 minute podcast would be!

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 9:41 am
For example, I’m an animated story teller. But my job schedule changed and I had to start working late out of the house a few nights a week. My kids were not happy that story time was being replaced by Abba reading a book. So DH had me record a few stories and he’d play it for them when I wasn’t home. They aren’t more than 5 minutes but super entertaining. I’m not exactly planning on doing that, but similar idea how they can be short. Maybe the word podcast isn’t correct? But it won’t be me simply telling a story.
Using my story example, if it was no more than 5 minutes each episode, but If I came out with a new one twice a week (don’t know if that’s too much, is once a week enough for starters?) then soon enough there will be many and your kids can just listen to a few at a time. Right? Wrong? Suggestions?

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:51 am
Also, on what platform would you want your kids to listen on?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics