Manchester Seminary BSS stckings or black tights

Motherof2+2  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:49 am
What is the norm?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:50 am
What do you mean?

In the summer ppl wear skin colour tights, and in the winter black.

amother
DarkCyan  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 9:51 am
My daughter's wore black tights. There are many Chaddish girls there who don't, they wear light brown. Either are accepted.

amother
Starflower  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:05 am
This is confusing bc in the UK stocking are "thigh high"s and no one eould wear this, and tights are tights.
Knee highs are called that. I would think tights are the only ok option, Manchester is pretty conservative/old school.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:06 am
Many girls in knee hi and longer skirts
No winter rule for color in Europe

amother
  DarkCyan  

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:28 am
amother Starflower wrote:
This is confusing bc in the UK stocking are "thigh high"s and no one eould wear this, and tights are tights.
Knee highs are called that. I would think tights are the only ok option, Manchester is pretty conservative/old school.

How would anyone know whether someone is wearing stockings or tights? The BSS girls dress very tznius, hopefully their skirts are long enough that noone can tell whether tights and stockings. DD who went there wears stockings, but I only know because when I was at her house when she was PP and did her washing, I noticed.

Grinni

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:32 am
Black tights is the normal in bss Manchester

s1

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 10:51 am
Black tights from sukkos til pesach.
Skin colour tights from pesach til sukkos.
There is some leeway of about 3 or 4 weeks at both changeover points.
As long as her legs are fully covered at all times (no leggings) she'll be fine!

amother
  Starflower

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 12:10 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
How would anyone know whether someone is wearing stockings or tights? The BSS girls dress very tznius, hopefully their skirts are long enough that noone can tell whether tights and stockings. DD who went there wears stockings, but I only know because when I was at her house when she was PP and did her washing, I noticed.

It is really not considered tznius to wear thigh highs as a teen in the UK. I don't know if your daughter is English and definitely PP is completely different from at sem, but this is something that would not be acceptable in high school in the UK.

In my experience. If things have changed since I only have younger girls and was at sem in Israel then maybe that is no longer the case.

Motherof2+2

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 1:18 pm
Oh gosh...no. I meant stocking as in light beige colored tights...pantyhose I think is the Tlterm.

amother
  DarkCyan

Post Sun, Sep 08 2024, 2:02 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
It is really not considered tznius to wear thigh highs as a teen in the UK. I don't know if your daughter is English and definitely PP is completely different from at sem, but this is something that would not be acceptable in high school in the UK.

In my experience. If things have changed since I only have younger girls and was at sem in Israel then maybe that is no longer the case.

The point isn't whether it is or isn't accepted, it's more that type of girls who go there, you wouldn't necessarily know if they're wearing stockings or not.

Anyway, the point is moot, OP posted that she meant black tights versus light colored, not tights versus stockings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info