Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
PSA: Blank at American Dream closed

amother
OP  

Post Sat, Aug 31 2024, 11:19 pm
Did they announce the store closing anywhere?

I went last week to American Dream specifically to shop at Blank only to find the store dark and empty.

Now I see their website doesn’t have that address listed anymore.

Anyway, PSA so you don’t waste your time.

amother
Arcticblue  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 7:36 am
This is actually EXTREMELY frustrating for me. I just placed an order, assuming I could return it there if I need to. No notice?!? Banging head

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 7:51 am
What kind of notice would you expect?

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 7:52 am
There’sa store in Tom’s River still. And you can always return online. They offer free mail in returns

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 7:58 am
amother Maize wrote:
There’sa store in Tom’s River still. And you can always return online. They offer free mail in returns

Mail returns are not free.

amother
  Arcticblue

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:11 am
I'm pretty sure mail returns are not free and I live nowhere near Tom's river.
I would expect something on their website or Instagram to indicate an impending or current store closure as that has a direct impact on local customers like me. They have an extremely tight return window with a blacklist policy for any customers who dispute charges with them for any reason
I genuinely would not have ordered under these conditions, despite everything I do to support our community stores. It's just straight up a lack of respect for their customers to not make it clear that my only free returns option is no longer available

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:24 am
amother Steel wrote:
What kind of notice would you expect?

Nothing high maintenance or personal; perhaps an email blast or a Instagram story.

I’ve been a customer from the beginning, (before the stores) it would have been nice to get a heads up not to make the 40 minute drive over for nothing.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:27 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
I would expect something on their website or Instagram to indicate an impending or current store closure as that has a direct impact on local customers like me. They have an extremely tight return window with a blacklist policy for any customers who dispute charges with them for any reason
I genuinely would not have ordered under these conditions, despite everything I do to support our community stores. It's just straight up a lack of respect for their customers to not make it clear that my only free returns option is no longer available

Email them your whole situation maybe they will let you return for free this once.

amother
Hyssop  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:30 am
Wow that’s really weird and upsetting! Maybe dm them and ask them to post an announcement because you drove 40 mins to their store which they closed without notice.

I wonder if they’ll join the address.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 8:40 am
amother Peony wrote:
Mail returns are not free.

I just ordered, and I was able to pay $3 extra for an option of free returns. Was worth it because they anyhow only give store credit when you return in store.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 4:11 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
I just ordered, and I was able to pay $3 extra for an option of free returns. Was worth it because they anyhow only give store credit when you return in store.

How did you have that option?

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 11:01 pm
They have an extremely tight return window with a blacklist policy for any customers who dispute charges with them for any reason

Why would you care about being blacklisted at this point? You never want to go there again anyway

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 11:17 pm
I always found them to have good customer service. Maybe email them before you go crazy. Also when I returned it was like $8 for a shipping label which isn't that terrible.

amother
Currant  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:43 am
They actually have a great policy compared to many other companies! They were probably used and abused!

Their policy is 7 days for a full refund and 10 days for store credit!

Im a big blank shopper and they did post on their instagram and whatsapp! Could be you missed it!

amother
  Hyssop

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:49 am
amother Currant wrote:
They actually have a great policy compared to many other companies! They were probably used and abused!

Im a big blank shopper and they did post on their instagram and whatsapp! Could be you missed it!

Huh when did they post that. You’re the first person to say that they posted it. You sure they did? I and my sisters spend an embarrassing amount of time on Instagram and are passionate dress blank shoppers and we definitely would have seen it if they posted.

amother
  Currant

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:57 am
Yes when they posted hours said American dream permanently closed
amother Hyssop wrote:
Huh when did they post that. You’re the first person to say that they posted it. You sure they did? I and my sisters spend an embarrassing amount of time on Instagram and are passionate dress blank shoppers and we definitely would have seen it if they posted.

maga2024  

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:35 pm
They definitely did post it on insta, I saw it more then once.

Magnolia72

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:36 pm
Oh wow! Was planning on going there. Good to know

maga2024

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:43 pm
Same but then someone told me about this new free returns for only $3 so saved myself a trip and made a big online order.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 5:45 pm
amother Currant wrote:

Right, I didn’t mean to bash anything. More to announce to people who don't know.

I’m not on instagram and not on their Whatsapp list but I do get their emails. I would have appreciated if they notified me there.

I actually placed an order and paid for the free return option.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics