Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Remedy for ear infection w/out antibiotics
Previous  1  2

amother
Lime  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:27 pm
For ear infection only if not yet busted eardrums put peroxide in the ear. Pump it in with your finger a few times a day. If it’s only fluid and not yet infected, mix 1 oz warm water with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp baking soda. Pump into ear a few times a day. It also soothes pain if it bothers baby.

amother
  Lime  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 10:28 pm
I’ve heard of oil of oregano behind the earlobe but I have never tried it. I always did the method with peroxide or salt water to prevent it from even becoming infected. It works like kashering a chicken. The salt pulls out the fluid, just like it draws out blood from chicken

Bananas!

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:09 am
amother DarkRed wrote:
Which oil?

Every child is different, it’s based on what is causing it you would need to muscle test…

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:14 am
I take my baby to Pa Baron. He drains the ears.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:23 am
If it’s already an active infection, draining the ears won’t help?

amother
  Lime

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:40 am
Active infection do peroxide

mandr

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 6:59 am
You also need to understand that a middle ear infection is BEHIND the ear drum aka the tympanic membrane, which is NOT permeable. The same way your garlic oil does not drip out of its glass bottle, garlic oil will not go through this membrane. You can believe all you want but this is a fact.

Whatever treatment you do for a middle ear infection, you will need to somehow access it from the inside. That can be done with antibiotics or another method that drains the fluid such as lympatic massage or chiropractic treatment (which would not necessarily eliminate a raging infection).

And if something is relieving your pain, doesn't necessarily mean it's treating the infection.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 7:34 am
Why in the world won’t you give your poor baby antibiotics?

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 7:52 am
Put a warm towel soaked in warm water over the ear when the child is going to sleep to ease the pain. The ear infection should go away on its own in a few days.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 7:53 am
mandr wrote:
You also need to understand that a middle ear infection is BEHIND the ear drum aka the tympanic membrane, which is NOT permeable. The same way your garlic oil does not drip out of its glass bottle, garlic oil will not go through this membrane. You can believe all you want but this is a fact.

Whatever treatment you do for a middle ear infection, you will need to somehow access it from the inside. That can be done with antibiotics or another method that drains the fluid such as lympatic massage or chiropractic treatment (which would not necessarily eliminate a raging infection).

And if something is relieving your pain, doesn't necessarily mean it's treating the infection.

The first response articulating actual medical issues.

There are ear infections that are essentially o the outer canal - e.g. the area up to the ear drum. Typically these are fungal or bacterial and can be helped with some kind of external solution. As a child I was very prone to swimmer's ear which is an infection of the outer ear canal.m Very painful and generally needed medical intervention.

You can't treat an inner ear infection with exterior methods and not seeking immediate medical treatment could be potentially very serious - and lead to permanent hearing loss. My grandmother lost a portion of her hearing because an ear infection developed into mastoiditis

Why in the world don't people find a pediatrician whose opinion they trust. Most good doctors don't prescribe antibiotics unless there is a reason to do so because the infection is bacterial or because there is a high risk that a bacterial infection could occur. If anything it is patients who try to get antibiotics for viral infections and doctors who don't prescribe because it is bad medicine.

amother
Burlywood  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:06 am
amother Poppy wrote:
Because most ear infections resolve on their own and antibiotic use is not without its own set of downsides.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:08 am
amother Poppy wrote:

I give antibiotics when needed, but I don't give for an ear infection. An ear infection generally doesn't need antibiotics. I use natural remedies & it clears beautifully.

amother
cornflower  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:11 am
amother Poppy wrote:

A local pediatrician tries as much as possible to avoid antibiotics if that's what the parents want and he feels it's safe. But not for ear infections, he holds it can cause serious issues if not treated promptly.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:18 am
I use oil of oregano diluted with olive oil. Massage in shape of “y” from front of ear lobe to the back and down neck. Works every time for us.
My child had very bad ear infection with fever and did this many times throughout the day. 3 days later it was 80% gone. Doctor who had wanted to give dc an antibiotic shot was very impressed.

amother
  Burlywood  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:21 am
amother cornflower wrote:
A local pediatrician tries as much as possible to avoid antibiotics if that's what the parents want and he feels it's safe. But not for ear infections, he holds it can cause serious issues if not treated promptly.
If not for ear infections, then for what yes? Ear infections are from the least risky type of infections out there.

amother
  cornflower

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:49 am
amother Burlywood wrote:
If not for ear infections, then for what yes? Ear infections are from the least risky type of infections out there.

Chest infections and strep he says are less risky to treat without antibiotics.

amother
  Burlywood

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 8:59 am
amother cornflower wrote:
Chest infections and strep he says are less risky to treat without antibiotics.
Very interesting. That sounds like an uncommon opinion.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 9:13 pm
Does peroxide hurt in the ear?
Peroxide meaning hydrogen peroxide?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics