Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Ideas for kids

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 4:54 am
Without getting into details that I am not comfortable posting it looks like I will be alone with my kids this year for Rosh Hashana. I am excited to be able to make Rosh Hashana for them. Any one have any ideas how I can make it nice and meaningful by the Seudas for the kids that they shouldn't miss their daddy to much? Kids age 8 and under.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 1:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Without getting into details that I am not comfortable posting it looks like I will be alone with my kids this year for Rosh Hashana. I am excited to be able to make Rosh Hashana for them. Any one have any ideas how I can make it nice and meaningful by the Seudas for the kids that they shouldn't miss their daddy to much? Kids age 8 and under.

Bump

mom!

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 1:50 pm
Have them help plan the menu/decor.

Buy some new games with their input. (Instead of taking kids to the toy store, I shop around, add a few things to my cart and let the kids choose from there.)

Take cleaning help erev yomtov! A calm mother will definitely be good memories for the kids

You sound like a great mother!

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 1:55 pm
I’d make the meals kid centered. Props, decorations about rosh hashana, food that is rosh hashana themed, daven with them with lots of songs, fun games and toys..

s1

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 3:52 pm
If you can take them to the paperware store and let them each chose the disposables for 1 meal? Or a packet of napkins or some flowers. If you can get flavoured honeys maybe let them choose that.
Let the kids chose the menu or their favourite desserts.
Buy a few different types of apples and have an apple tasting party.
Cute ways of doing the simonim eg jelly fish.
Make a list of songs to sing together- make a playlist and have it on in the house a few weeks before so they learn the songs to sing at the meals.
Use cookie cutters in rosh hashana shapes to shape food if possible (check with your LOR if you can do this on YT/shabbos).
Some small new toys/chachkes.
New books or magazines.
I have seen like a peel off and reuse sticker set that are Jewish themed and can be used on shabbos/yomtov.
Set up lego or playmobile to make a rosh hashana meal or a shul or a tashlich scene.
Inviting guests may make it easier for you, or arrange to play with friends in the afternoon.

Most importantly, do some things, before and during, that will empower and fortify yourself.
Let things go if they're not terrible. Have a non standard menu or timings if they'll make everyone happier. Take care of yourself.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 4:35 pm
Wow! Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond!
Means alot to me!
Will deff do all these ideas!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur