Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Ruach HaKodesh??
Previous  1  2

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:17 pm
He didn’t tell me before she was named that he had thought of the name in the delivery room, only a couple days after she was named. He also won’t tell me which it is (probably better, because I don’t want to look at her and think a name that isn’t hers). I’m taking it as ruach hakodesh that I said no

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:30 pm
DH always reminds me that the Imahot were the ones that named their children. He leaves the final decision up to me. The mom is ultimately the one that already 'knows' the baby for nine months.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 4:38 pm
Our rav (yeshivishe) told us not to consider the ruach hakodesh aspect when considering a name. You can fully consider names, pros and cons, who you need or want to name after, and so on. You're not supposed to be waiting for a gut feeling or for a name to dawn on you or pop into your head.

You and your husband talked it through, considered options, and ultimately chose a name for your baby. That name was what was predestined for her and reflects her neshama.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names