28%  [ 39 ]
No  
 57%  [ 78 ]
Only Jewish sites/stores  
 13%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 136

wanttobehappy

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 10:14 pm
This is so so sad!!’ We are so so deep in our galuah we are way way into our gashmuish. Sorry this isn’t ok on any level!!! “I know all curent styles??? What in heaven’s name for? Why do we care soososos much about our kids clothes. Someone tells me this is the most stressful time of the year. Yeah lady Ofcourse it is cause u need to go back on every store before u decided what is the cutest cutest. Why isn’t good enough good? I can easily afford expensive clothing. I do something splurge on 100-300 dresses.. but I am not INTO it. I don’t think look or shop around. I go into 1/2 stores take the cutest best priced things and move on with my life. I know so many who really need my Tzhdeik $$ I can’t see how everyone justifies all this waste…

amother
  Wine

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 10:30 pm
giftedmom wrote:
We want to teach our children that we care about them and are aware of the reality of their lives. The teen years can be brutal. No need to make it harder by making them suffer for your ideals. You’re not the one sitting in a classroom desperate to fit in.

This is exactly what I don't want to teach my children, that they can only fit in with the right cloths. I teach them that they're worth a lot more then what's in now.
I said before, their clothing are all trendy, classy and stylish, just not this seasons stuff.
The person judging them for it is exactly the kid of person I would want them to keep away from

I said before, this is very community dependent. I'm sure as hell greatful that we don't live in the same community as you.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 11:51 pm
amother Wine wrote:
This is exactly what I don't want to teach my children, that they can only fit in with the right cloths. I teach them that they're worth a lot more then what's in now.
I said before, their clothing are all trendy, classy and stylish, just not this seasons stuff.
The person judging them for it is exactly the kid of person I would want them to keep away from

I said before, this is very community dependent. I'm sure as hell greatful that we don't live in the same community as you.

I’m grateful for my community. I’m sure yours has plenty of issues. Get off your high horse please and thank you.

amother
  Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 1:02 pm
giftedmom wrote:
I’m grateful for my community. I’m sure yours has plenty of issues. Get off your high horse please and thank you.

I'm also glad not to live in a community that places such importance on externals.

When teaching tznius we always tell the kids that it's the inside that matters, kol kvu bas melech pnima... Why when it comes to fashion should that be thrown out the door?

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 1:12 pm
I don't ascribe value to current fashion at all. I think it's wasteful not to keep wearing last year's clothes as long as they fit and remain in good condition, or to pass them on to someone who will wear them if they are in good condition but no longer fit.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics