Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Help!!! I got this weird email…. Have no idea what to make
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:16 pm
unnamed wrote:
I got this email from Julia Miller.
It uses data (name, email and address) stolen from Pish Posh.

How do you know where she got your info from?

amother
  Anemone  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:35 pm
unnamed wrote:
I got this email from Julia Miller.
It uses data (name, email and address) stolen from Pish Posh.

What’s Pish Posh? I only know about Pishposh baby

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:44 pm
I also received this email today. Omg I freaked out. Got all scared. I opened the pdf. How can I make sure that it was safe and it didnt do any harm to my phone.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:59 pm
Me tooooo! Apparently they got the list of imamother users.... what do we all have in common that we all got spammed yesterday????

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:21 pm
I also got it - it must be imamother related - does Yael know?

amother
  Anemone  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:32 pm
If you check out the Reddit link that a previous poster shared you’ll see this scam is not only for imas. Literally thousands of people got that email

North Star  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:34 pm
It’s not imamother related! Look at this Reddit thread I posted before
https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams.....view/

Tons of random people got this same exact email the same day.

There have been so many data breaches lately, all of our info is out there.

North Star

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:35 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
If you check out the Reddit link that a previous poster shared you’ll see this scam is not only for imas. Literally thousands of people got that email

Ha I see we cross posted

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:59 pm
Yup just got this exact email

unnamed

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 1:50 am
Correction: my data was stolen from PishPosh Baby. I know this because I once placed an order there as a favour for someone and that was the information used in the email.

kugelEater

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:47 am
Just got this email... but the pic was of a random address, nothing to do with the address they wrote.

amother
Salmon  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 4:51 am
Got it also , happened to watch a non Jewish movie for first time in forever and I knew was a scam but took this as a sign for me, not judging anyone else at all but this is something I have been working on and def was not adult filth ! Was so scared at first then realized was a scam
I did open up the pdf how do I run an anti virus ? Do I have to pay for one is there a free one?

amother
  Anemone  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 4:57 am
unnamed wrote:
Correction: my data was stolen from PishPosh Baby. I know this because I once placed an order there as a favour for someone and that was the information used in the email.

Wow that’s crazy. The scammer happened to have my old address, not one that I ever used with pishposh but I guess they have lots of ways of getting info

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 5:37 am
I got it too and it’s really creepy. Had a picture of my house with my name, phone number etc. Its also written in proper English, no spelling or grammar errors etc.... Luckily I never access anything of the sort, so I knew it was a scam...

amother
Puce  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 6:10 am
amother OP wrote:
Of it…wanted to post a screenshot but not sure how to.
It was a pdf with my name address and phone number and a picture of the house directly across from mine.
The guy is writing that he is videos from me watching filth which I don’t recall ever doing and he has footage from me from inside my house doing embarrassing things… help, I can’t imagine what… and if I don’t send him $1950, he’ll spread it all to my contacts….
Is such a thing possible, or someone’s just trying to make some fraudulent money off me?
Oh and he also wrote that if I share this email with someone, he’ll know and fwd all the filthy footage to my contacts….or if I don’t send the payment within a day, he’ll fwd to all mg contacts. And his bitcoin system will pick up if I discuss or share this email with anyone
Did anyone else receive such an email??

I got the exact same email yesterday. The picture is straight off of Google maps, my husband checked that. I was paranoid too, even though I can tell it was a scam!

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 6:19 am
I got it and my neighbor too. Maybe we should make a poll to see how many people got it. I was alarmed but was 99% sure was nothing. Just checked with my dh to be sure. I’m waaay more gullible then he is.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 6:54 am
Ty all imas! I got it too and was so shaken! I know it must be spam but s Stupidly I open the email pdf because I thought it was a receipt that I was waiting to get. Does anybody know what I could do. I opened it on an iPhone -are there any security measures that I should/should not be taken. It’s so good to know that this was not just me.

amother
  Birch

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 6:59 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
I got it too and it’s really creepy. Had a picture of my house with my name, phone number etc. It’s also written in proper English, no spelling or grammar errors etc.... Luckily I never access anything of the sort, so I knew it was a scam...
Because it’s written by AI, which knows proper grammar.

metz

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 7:05 am
Just got this email to.. had to download to see what's it says.. blocked sender and report spam

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 7:05 am
Checkout lakewoodscoop, there’s an article about it.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media