amother Quince wrote:
Op are you raizy?

Sure!!!! How did you guess?!? HAAHHAHA

amother
  Zinnia

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 3:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
This confuses me too.
If you enjoyed her/her content why would it bother you so much if she used the platform she’s built to advertise her other stuff she offers?

Like why wouldn’t she?

It would make sense that the people that follow her, because they enjoy what she’s all about would be the ones that would be most interested in her stuff.

Why the hard feelings when Instagrammers want to make something work for them, if you like them?

Do you expect everyone to create content and work for free?

Who said anything about hard feelings?
I don’t enjoy it. So I stopped following.
Exactly as you are meant to do.

(Many content creators do create enjoyable content and they monetize the content itself. So a collaboration for which they’re paid, or a paid ad, or through affiliate links. Raizy herself did this for years. And I followed. And now I don’t.)

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 3:10 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
I don’t follow her anymore.
Her own usage of the platform is different now too.

Couldn’t agree more, she used to be about recipes but has monetized her platform a lot. Which there is nothing wrong with but it’s weird that she now is biting the hand that feeds her.

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 3:11 pm
I honestly never go to her page anymore. Everything she posts is for her website.

I’m happy to purchase links and flip through some paid ads on stories for the influencer to make money but her website doesn’t speak to me. It’s not my type of content. I liked her recipes and bought one of her cookbooks but I’m not paying a monthly membership for one recipe and a topic.

Seems like other people are more than happy to do good for her.

amother
  PlumPink

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 3:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
This confuses me too.
If you enjoyed her/her content why would it bother you so much if she used the platform she’s built to advertise her other stuff she offers?

Like why wouldn’t she?

It would make sense that the people that follow her, because they enjoy what she’s all about would be the ones that would be most interested in her stuff.

Why the hard feelings when Instagrammers want to make something work for them, if you like them?

Do you expect everyone to create content and work for free?

I have no problem with ppl building their business off insta. I think it's great. Her page used to have content I found interesting. Now she is basically advertising for herself. She can do as she pleases no hard feelings and I am under no obligation to follow her. Now that she posts nothing of use for me I have no reason to follow her.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 3:36 pm
Her point makes so much sense. Instagram is a whole different animal these days than when the frum population began using it. Toxic is literally too good a word for it.

My opinion, no frum person has a place on Instagram these days.
And then there’s the peer pressure to the tznius to the agenda-pushing - an entire world of issues opens up by using the platform.

Peersupport  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 3:38 pm
I don't think instagram changed. I think she changed.
She was young when she started her platform and has grown since then.

Social media still is what you make it to be.
You choose your experience by choosing who to follow.

Life isn't all or nothing.

People can unfollow many accounts that don't serve them.

Everything in moderation.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 3:42 pm
Peersupport wrote:
I don't think instagram changed. I think she changed.
She was young when she started her platform and has grown since then.

Social media still is what you make it to be.
You choose your experience by choosing who to follow.

Life isn't all or nothing.

People can unfollow many accounts that don't serve them.

Everything in moderation.

If you don't think it has changed, I'm guessing you haven't been using it for very long. I used it around 2012 snd let me tell you it's completely different. And the amount of unpleasant stuff you are exposed to on the app has mulpiplied exponentially.

Peersupport

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 3:46 pm
amother Red wrote:
If you don't think it has changed, I'm guessing you haven't been using it for very long. I used it around 2012 snd let me tell you it's completely different. And the amount of unpleasant stuff you are exposed to on the app has mulpiplied exponentially.

I've been using it's since 2014 which is when she started out.

It's different for me in the sense that I now follow only mental health related accounts and no longer follow influencers.

People still have the choice about the type of content they consume.

It takes mindfulness, but so does everything else in life that people want to enjoy properly.

ETA- when she started out it was also considered out of the box in her community.
By now the idea is normalized, but she outgrew the space.

bgr8ful

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 4:45 pm
I didnt follow her cuz im not into cooking or influencer kinda content, but I went to her page now and I thought her points were very fair.

I dont see why ppl think shes "biting the hand that feeds her" when she talks abt how she doesnt like instagram anymore. we all have jobs that we liked at one point and then didn't work for us anymore, and we're allowed to complain abt them even if its the thing that pays our bills. things change. ppl evolve. the world evolves. not everything is meant to work for us forever.

I think the ppl who are upset at her are ppl who feel the need to justify and defend their own social media usage. shes just speaking abt her own experience; it shouldnt upset anyone else that much. we should be able to share our experiences and opinions without getting insulted by what someone else thinks.

I totally related to what she said; I recently took tiktok off my phone and wanna take instagram off too cuz I dont find it that interesting anymore but still find myself mindlessly scrolling when im bored. I dont think less or more of anyone who does or doesnt have it.

also, I think ppl with large followings should probably say something if they plan to be on the platform less, otherwise their followers would just start wondering and making up theories as to why they're not posting.

scintilla  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:27 pm
I totally agree with you OP and I'm definitely not her either Very Happy

Instagram definitely has changed, I'm just a silent observer but it's clear to see due to changes in the algorithm etc among other things. All the people I follow are talking about it, Jewish and non Jewish, and I don't follow many "influencers".

I think her points are very fair and she's being quite open and honest with her viewers. I do think it's wonderful that she has her own platform, it's not for me right now but I love that she's providing an alternative to social media at a very fair price (esp considering that it seems to be v well done). I wish that I had the inner strength right now to completely delete Instagram, I know what she's saying is true. I need it for various purposes and I do my best to keep it kosher, I'm very mindful about who I follow, etc. The points about the toxicity of the environment and the time wasting and lack of control over what you're seeing are still true though no matter how careful you are there - it's a feature not a bug.

I hope she has a lot of hatzlacha, she has earned it!

I wonder if she'd do a Whatsapp status instead of stories, she could still do advertising for her platform and stay relevant that way, and Whatsapp is so much better than Instagram.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:50 pm
scintilla wrote:
I totally agree with you OP and I'm definitely not her either Very Happy

Instagram definitely has changed, I'm just a silent observer but it's clear to see due to changes in the algorithm etc among other things. All the people I follow are talking about it, Jewish and non Jewish, and I don't follow many "influencers".

I think her points are very fair and she's being quite open and honest with her viewers. I do think it's wonderful that she has her own platform, it's not for me right now but I love that she's providing an alternative to social media at a very fair price (esp considering that it seems to be v well done). I wish that I had the inner strength right now to completely delete Instagram, I know what she's saying is true. I need it for various purposes and I do my best to keep it kosher, I'm very mindful about who I follow, etc. The points about the toxicity of the environment and the time wasting and lack of control over what you're seeing are still true though no matter how careful you are there - it's a feature not a bug.

I hope she has a lot of hatzlacha, she has earned it!

I wonder if she'd do a Whatsapp status instead of stories, she could still do advertising for her platform and stay relevant that way, and Whatsapp is so much better than Instagram.

She has a WhatsApp status already

scintilla  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 5:52 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes, but she said that the reason she doesn't do things like storying when she has a minute here and there is that she deleted Instagram from her phone so it's not as accessible. Are you saying that she does post frequently on her status? I'd join if that was the case...

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 6:26 pm
Not that I know who she is but one of my most important rules before going onto social media or listening to a salesman is everything is either a lie or just showing you a partial picture. Someone can post a picture perfect family scene on the beach and then divorce the next day. One day instagram is the best, next day they are so holy and going off. People say what benefits them or what they are paid to say. Take it with a grain of salt or less.

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 6:30 pm
OP are you friends or related to Raizy?

lamplighter

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 6:39 pm
Is that another way for her to advertise her "non toxic, much more wholesome" platform/site?

FTR I am not on Instagram by choice.

cupcake123

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 6:41 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Is that another way for her to advertise her "non toxic, much more wholesome" platform/site?

FTR I am not on Instagram by choice.

I don't think so bec she mentions she likes YouTube

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 6:41 pm
I dont follow her anymore but its all a marketing ploy. I stopped following when I realized that its all about business and not about being authentic.

She is most probably saying it as she has stopped instagram a while ago and trying to push her people to paid subscription.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 7:16 pm
amother OP wrote:

Nah she just puts ads there
And every week an update on her episodes dropping before and after
And constant reminders that you can sign up to her inspired living platform

(Nothing against her I'm actually signed up to inspired living) I'm just commenting in case someone wants to follow her on whatsapp. So they should know what to expect.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics