Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 7:47 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
Nah she just puts ads there
And every week an update on her episodes dropping before and after
And constant reminders that you can sign up to her inspired living platform

(Nothing against her I'm actually signed up to inspired living) I'm just commenting in case someone wants to follow her on whatsapp. So they should know what to expect.

I think whatever is on stories

newyorkgal6

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:02 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
Saw it.
Thoughts? I don’t feel comfortable sharing them on a public forum where I know she’ll read them. It’s not nice nor fair.
She can say what she wants it’s her platform.

It just saddens me when people think they become a “besserer mentsch “ and can now talk down on something and someone(s) that really made them who they are.

I don’t think she did that all. I thought she was very authentic in what she was saying and appreciated where IG got her but that it changed and she needs to figure out the balance of it all.

amother
  Winterberry

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:02 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Her point makes so much sense. Instagram is a whole different animal these days than when the frum population began using it. Toxic is literally too good a word for it.

My opinion, no frum person has a place on Instagram these days.
And then there’s the peer pressure to the tznius to the agenda-pushing - an entire world of issues opens up by using the platform.

It was always like this. Maybe people were just in denial about it.

Ruchi  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:03 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
It was always like this. Maybe people were just in denial about it.

Exactly so. IG was never a kosher place. Though, It was up to each individual Jewish Influencer to determine how to manage their feed.
Raizy has moved on and changed her business module and her IG page now only serves as an advertising platform for her business, as others have mentioned.

Obviously she now has much less engagement and followers.
Perhaps she’s outgrown IG and is looking to leave.

YouTube is a filthy cesspool and I am glad that I have it blocked together with IG + +

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:53 am
I don't get how she said she's deleted IG from her phone for almost a year and the next three slides are taking a walk with her kids outside. Like is she bringing the iPad with her? Filming on a camera and forwarding to her assistant to post? Lots of ppl say they don't have the app but post all day, wondering how logistically.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:57 am
Nothing against her personally but I stopped following her a long time ago. Everything is just paid ads. When she praises something and goes on and on, it has nothing to do with reality. It's just a paid ad.
And now all her context is just trying to get you to pay for her app. No thanks

amother
Violet  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:13 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
I don't get how she said she's deleted IG from her phone for almost a year and the next three slides are taking a walk with her kids outside. Like is she bringing the iPad with her? Filming on a camera and forwarding to her assistant to post? Lots of ppl say they don't have the app but post all day, wondering how logistically.

Videos can be recorded in advance and edited. And then posted automatically on a schedule or by an assistant. I’d assume most videos are never made the day, or even week they are posted. No one has to be online when the videos are posted.

For someone who mentioned WhatsApp I only see her status on there bec I don’t have IG. It is 90% advertising her app, 20% sponsorships for produced.

amother
  Salmon  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 7:42 am
amother Yarrow wrote:

I’m pretty sure she once said she used her regular phone to film. (Her regular phone doesn’t have Instagram or any apps)

amother
Tangerine  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 8:27 am
bgr8ful wrote:
I didnt follow her cuz im not into cooking or influencer kinda content, but I went to her page now and I thought her points were very fair.

I dont see why ppl think shes "biting the hand that feeds her" when she talks abt how she doesnt like instagram anymore. we all have jobs that we liked at one point and then didn't work for us anymore, and we're allowed to complain abt them even if its the thing that pays our bills. things change. ppl evolve. the world evolves. not everything is meant to work for us forever.

I think the ppl who are upset at her are ppl who feel the need to justify and defend their own social media usage. shes just speaking abt her own experience; it shouldnt upset anyone else that much. we should be able to share our experiences and opinions without getting insulted by what someone else thinks.

I totally related to what she said; I recently took tiktok off my phone and wanna take instagram off too cuz I dont find it that interesting anymore but still find myself mindlessly scrolling when im bored. I dont think less or more of anyone who does or doesnt have it.

also, I think ppl with large followings should probably say something if they plan to be on the platform less, otherwise their followers would just start wondering and making up theories as to why they're not posting.

Very well said, and very good points.

Agree... and I'll also add that out of all the influencers I've followed, she seems like one of the more authentic/genuine ones.

Makes me actually appreciate her POV. Not sure why it's ruffling some people's feathers. She's allowed to have an opinion (and nothing she said about the platform's negative changes were untrue. She was literally just stating facts, and she's been on it for A decade so she's seen a lot on there).

amother
  Tangerine  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 9:22 am
Peersupport wrote:
I don't think instagram changed. I think she changed.
She was young when she started her platform and has grown since then.

Social media still is what you make it to be.
You choose your experience by choosing who to follow.

Life isn't all or nothing.

People can unfollow many accounts that don't serve them.

Everything in moderation.

Huh? You haven't seen any changes in Instagram since she started (circa) 2014?

You really haven't noticed that suddenly (stupid/innapropriate) reels are popping up out of nowhere (amongst other things)?

amother
Beige  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 9:45 am
I started following Raizy when she still lived in a Brooklyn and was filming herself cooking in her tiny kitchen. She wasn’t showing her face yet. Her account description stated that she was using it to share recipes with her friends and family.

She has evolved. And good for her. As someone who loves the kitchen and loves watching people cook, especially when I can relate to them vs a tv show, she is no longer interesting.

I have a genuine question, I’m not hating, I want to understand. How does anyone, not Raizy specifically, go from being a foodie, sheitel macher or store owner to become an inspirational / preaching teacher? How do I relate? How can I be open to accepting their words?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 10:43 am
It's possible to be spiritual and a foodie or into fashion

amother
  Tangerine  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 1:27 pm
Ruchel wrote:
It's possible to be spiritual and a foodie or into fashion

Yeah I dont get Beige's point.

My kallah teacher is a former Sheitel macher. Idk why that makes her any less inspirational, or any less of a teacher.

amother
  Beige  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 1:32 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Yeah I dont get Beige's "genuine question"

My kallah teacher is a former Sheitel macher. Idk why that makes her any less inspirational, or any less of a teacher.

Why the need to be rude? Why the quotations?

I originally followed her for her cooking stories. Since she no longer does that, I unfollowed her.

Also, influencers that start their page with a talent or skill and inspire people at the same time is different than when someone turns in to one over the years. I have a hard time accepting parenting or marriage advice etc.

No hate, just stating my thoughts. Wondering if I’m the only one with this observation.

Maybe I need to work on being humble and open to listening. I’m open to that. I just don’t see why you’re hating on me.

Why can’t we have a respectful conversation and share our opinions without being attacked?

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 1:48 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Yeah I dont get Beige's point.

Beiges point is completely not that.

Anyone can become a kallah teacher or whatever. What beige is saying is this trend on Instagram that because you became popular doing xy or z suddenly you’re qualified to be an inspirational life coach/preacher.

It’s weird. I don’t get it either. Hence why I take everything raizy and others say with many spoons of salt.

amother
  Beige  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 1:50 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
Beiges point is completely not that.

Anyone can become a kallah teacher or whatever. What beige is saying is this trend on Instagram that because you became popular doing xy or z suddenly you’re qualified to be an inspirational life coach/preacher.

It’s weird. I don’t get it either. Hence why I take everything raizy and others say with many spoons of salt.

Thank you for rephrasing it so much better and understanding where I’m coming from.

scintilla

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 1:56 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Why the need to be rude? Why the quotations?

I originally followed her for her cooking stories. Since she no longer does that, I unfollowed her.

Also, influencers that start their page with a talent or skill and inspire people at the same time is different than when someone turns in to one over the years. I have a hard time accepting parenting or marriage advice etc.

No hate, just stating my thoughts. Wondering if I’m the only one with this observation.

Maybe I need to work on being humble and open to listening. I’m open to that. I just don’t see why you’re hating on me.

Why can’t we have a respectful conversation and share our opinions without being attacked?

I don't see her as being an influencer who inspires or gives advice beyond homemaking, have you seen that? I admittedly do not follow her so closely. But her inspired living platform has other people on for those topics, like Mushka who posted above.

amother
  Beige  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 1:59 pm
scintilla wrote:
I don't see her as being an influencer who inspires or gives advice beyond homemaking, have you seen that? I admittedly do not follow her so closely. But her inspired living platform has other people on for those topics, like Mushka who posted above.

I’ve definitely seen it many many times

amother
Peru  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:07 pm
amother Beige wrote:
I’ve definitely seen it many many times

Yup, me too. And it irks me as well. It's not just her. I've noticed that many other influencers that have a platform and start out as fashionistas or foodies, suddenly start acting like parenting or yiddishkeit experts. And I feel like saying, girl, stay in your lane!

amother
  Beige  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:12 pm
It irks me because so many times there’s no rhyme or rhythm to what they’re saying. Sometimes, not always, they have no idea what they’re saying and it’s misleading to people that don’t know better.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics