Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did you see @raizyscookin stories?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:28 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
I don’t follow her or spend much time on instagram. But it’s insulting to the people who did support her and do enjoy it now.

What’s insulting? I didn’t hear her talk anyone or insult anyone. Do you think any of her followers are from the Instagram company?

amother
  Winterberry  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
What’s insulting? I didn’t hear her talk anyone or insult anyone. Do you think any of her followers are from the Instagram company?

Saying all of you people come here to support me, and also I think it’s a terrible place and you all choose to hang out here anyway.. it’s insulting her followers.

amother
  Winterberry  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:31 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
I didn't find it preachy. She makes a logical points about how Instagram has changed versus say YouTube. It sounded most like she was coming from a business perspective not from hashkafic perspective. Like it used to be people spent time reading long posts and commenting and now it's all the stories that disappear and scrolling past unless something is super sensational.

All platforms have evolved over the years. Including YouTube. They all want successful businesses and it’s what it’s about at the end of the day. The only way to not have something change on you is to create your own website and control it.

amother
Zinnia  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:32 pm
I don’t follow her anymore.
Her own usage of the platform is different now too.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:38 pm
Saying all of you people come here to support me, and also I think it’s a terrible place and you all choose to hang out here anyway.. it’s insulting her followers.

I didn’t find her talking down. I found her sharing her struggle… no? Like isn’t it relatable? Don’t most struggle with it? She’s obviously posting and here as well so she’s not talking down

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:39 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:

What do you mean?

amother
Plum  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:39 pm
She’s on imamother?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:40 pm
All platforms have evolved over the years. Including YouTube. They all want successful businesses and it’s what it’s about at the end of the day. The only way to not have something change on you is to create your own website and control it.

Hahah that’s sort of what she did. That’s why I take her seriously. To me she seems like a truly introspective person that means well, not Stam a ranting bitter person.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:41 pm
amother Plum wrote:
She’s on imamother?

How would we ever know?!??

amother
Kiwi  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:43 pm
amother Plum wrote:
She’s on imamother?

Probably, they all are.
I do think it as a silly thing of her do do. Stories and reels are how she built herself up. She chose to go live every so often, no one forced to her to that. If she wants to leave for the reasons she says, she could have done so quietly. Not make an entire story out of it.
Can you blame people for thinking that she wants attention?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:52 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
Probably, they all are.
I do think it as a silly thing of her do do. Stories and reels are how she built herself up. She chose to go live every so often, no one forced to her to that. If she wants to leave for the reasons she says, she could have done so quietly. Not make an entire story out of it.
Can you blame people for thinking that she wants attention?

She said she’s leaving?????

amother
  Kiwi

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
She said she’s leaving?????

I said if she wanted to leave, not that she's leaving.

She says she doesn't really like being on IG right? Well then, no one's forcing her to stay on it, she can leave and let us know that as of now her content will only be available on her own platforms.
Instead she chooses to do a story to let us know how much she dislikes IG. So what's her point? What's she going to gain other then a lot of attention?

amother
Waterlily

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 1:59 pm
What are the chances she will have traffic to her platform without using instagram to promote it? No one is googling her name every so often to see where they can find her.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 2:09 pm
This thread is making me think hard. People, especially women on social media want raw and vulnerability. They beg for real. Not fake and filtered.

But do they really?

Cuz to me Raizy’s stories just seemed just vulnerable… she shared her back n forth, her dilemma and her inner struggle, felt pretty genuine to me. You can watch her eye language etc.

Didn’t seem like any ploy to get attention.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 2:11 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Rest assured when it was small and cozy and she was posting washing strawberries on it she wasn't supporting her family on it. If she prefers that she can leave and start a new page tjats private

I think she actually made more money from Instagram then. I don’t see her monetizing IG, She hardly does sponsored ads on Instagram anymore. Seems like she’s focused on Inspirec Living and her book and who knows what else.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 2:24 pm
Would anyone know who she is to follow her website or buy her cookbooks if not for her Instagram presence over the years? Probably not.

She built her Parnassa on Instagram I think it's a little inappropriate for her to say this and shame other people who are at an earlier stage of entrepreneurship now and still need the platform

Honestly if she doesn't continue with an Instagram presence I'm not sure how she plans to continue marketing her other ventures because out of sight out of mind, but whatever.

amother
Azure  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 2:24 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:

I’m not a huge IGer, and I don’t follow her, never did. But I do check in periodically to see what shes been posting.

I’ve noticed since right before the launch of her pay to view site, about 3/4 of her content has been commercials for her site. Her real content has been there since the launch and her IG is nothing more than an ad to get the viewer curious to pay for the site.

Even her super long thing now is just an ad for her site.

Also re youtube - who does she think shes kidding when she said it’s wholesome and educational? Youtube was trash before instagram and its trash now. You have to sift through there just like on IG, and the same dregs pop up on there.

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 2:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
This thread is making me think hard. People, especially women on social media want raw and vulnerability. They beg for real. Not fake and filtered.

But do they really?

Cuz to me Raizy’s stories just seemed just vulnerable… she shared her back n forth, her dilemma and her inner struggle, felt pretty genuine to me. You can watch her eye language etc.

Didn’t seem like any ploy to get attention.

The answer is that people love to hate from the sidelines.

As teddy Roosevelt said

Quote:
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

amother
  PlumPink  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 2:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think she actually made more money from Instagram then. I don’t see her monetizing IG, She hardly does sponsored ads on Instagram anymore. Seems like she’s focused on Inspirec Living and her book and who knows what else.

Nobody would have known abt any of her stuff without insta. I stopped following her when she started using insta to advertise for herself

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 2:52 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Nobody would have known abt any of her stuff without insta. I stopped following her when she started using insta to advertise for herself

This confuses me too.
If you enjoyed her/her content why would it bother you so much if she used the platform she’s built to advertise her other stuff she offers?

Like why wouldn’t she?

It would make sense that the people that follow her, because they enjoy what she’s all about would be the ones that would be most interested in her stuff.

Why the hard feelings when Instagrammers want to make something work for them, if you like them?

Do you expect everyone to create content and work for free?
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics