Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did you see @raizyscookin stories?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Arcticblue  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:33 pm
amother Plum wrote:
She starts off saying that it’s safer to speak in Yiddish because she doesn’t wanna have to deal with annoying messages. She had thought about making an episode regarding cleaning help but decided against it. She said the relationship between a cleaning lady and Family hiring her isn’t the same as any other business relationship, where the workers are happy to come to work. She says that the cleaning ladies are lacking Respect and will sometimes yell at you. All she wants is for them to listen to basic instructions and do things the way she asks for them to be done.
She said this applies to most cleaning ladies and they give attitude.

She said she treats them well and pay them well.
One of the reasons why she didn’t make an episode about it is because She didn’t want a whole discourse about who can and can’t afford cleaning help.

She then proceeds to say something I won’t be repeating as I vehemently disagree with it and don’t think it’s appropriate to write about either.

She then provides a tip that if you want something done a specific way, you should say that your husband wants it done that way because for some reason they get more scared when men are involved.

Fascinating example of "lost in translation".
Yes this is the translation of what she said. But the message got lost.

amother
Lawngreen  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:45 pm
What a surprise, all those years my school forced Yiddish down on our non speaking Yiddish throats, and I don’t understand a word she’s saying 🤣
(To explain, I grew up in Lakewood and our school insisted on translating Chumash into Yiddish, but none of us understood or spoke it! So we just ended up hating Chumash. Maybe this is a topic for Raizy to discuss 😄)

amother
  Lawngreen  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:45 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Fascinating example of "lost in translation".
Yes this is the translation of what she said. But the message got lost.

So can you please share the message for us ignoramuses??

amother
  Arcticblue

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:46 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
So can you please share the message for us ignoramuses??

Idk the tone is just totally different in her delivery.

amother
  Lawngreen

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:48 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Idk the tone is just totally different in her delivery.

I’m disappointed that you can’t explain further, because based on what the other poster wrote, I disagree completely. My cleaning ladies are so respectful and never yell at me! I also don’t ask anything too crazy of them…

amother
  Cappuccino  

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:49 pm
amother Plum wrote:
She starts off saying that it’s safer to speak in Yiddish because she doesn’t wanna have to deal with annoying messages. She had thought about making an episode regarding cleaning help but decided against it. She said the relationship between a cleaning lady and Family hiring her isn’t the same as any other business relationship, where the workers are happy to come to work. She says that the cleaning ladies are lacking Respect and will sometimes yell at you. All she wants is for them to listen to basic instructions and do things the way she asks for them to be done.
She said this applies to most cleaning ladies and they give attitude.

She said she treats them well and pay them well.
One of the reasons why she didn’t make an episode about it is because She didn’t want a whole discourse about who can and can’t afford cleaning help.

She then proceeds to say something I won’t be repeating as I vehemently disagree with it and don’t think it’s appropriate to write about either.

She then provides a tip that if you want something done a specific way, you should say that your husband wants it done that way because for some reason they get more scared when men are involved.

I think you did a good job translating and approve of you not sharing the thing that you left out. I do feel bad that raizy wanted the safety of only having her Yiddish speaking audience hear what she said but this opened it up to everyone.

Raizy sounds pretty burnt out and overwhelmed to me. Having people angry about what she said the other day probably only made it worse. I think that’s the reason for her negative tone and I find it very understandable.

amother
  Plum

Post Wed, Sep 04 2024, 8:58 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I think you did a good job translating and approve of you not sharing the thing that you left out. I do feel bad that raizy wanted the safety of only having her Yiddish speaking audience hear what she said but this opened it up to everyone.

Raizy sounds pretty burnt out and overwhelmed to me. Having people angry about what she said the other day probably only made it worse. I think that’s the reason for her negative tone and I find it very understandable.

Thank you. Honestly, I debated whether or not to translate it as she had said it in Yiddish for a reason. But my DH pointed out that she did post it on a public platform and publicly excluded anyone who doesn’t speak Yiddish and that it’s only going to get people who want to understand to ask their Yiddish speaking friends to translate. This doesn’t necessarily make it right and if a mod asks me to delete it, I will. I’ll even report my own post to make sure.

She probably is overwhelmed. She should not be posting if she is likely to say things she’ll regret or that will have an inflammatory reaction.

amother
  Beige  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 4:13 am
amother OP wrote:
Raizy absolutely doesn’t stand and lecture on these topics at all. Are you blind?? She’s just bringing her audience these EXPERTS in these areas such as marriage and chinuch.
What’s so hard to understand? I don’t get why people have an issue?

Are you Raizy or a friend of hers?

Did you read what we discussed?

We said before she started interviews she herself would lecture.

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:16 am
What kind of book is she writing. Seems like she’s trying to get attention and relevance so people get interested in her for marketing sake. She keeps saying, you’ll see what I mean when you read my book.

Lets Talk  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:18 am
amother Lawngreen wrote:
I’m disappointed that you can’t explain further, because based on what the other poster wrote, I disagree completely. My cleaning ladies are so respectful and never yell at me! I also don’t ask anything too crazy of them…

She didn’t say her cleaning lady yells at her!

amother
Caramel  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:33 am
How does everyone know everything she says ? Is everyone paying for her app?

amother
  Beige

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:33 am
amother Caramel wrote:
How does everyone know everything she says ? Is everyone paying for her app?

Instagram

amother
  Caramel  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:38 am
amother Beige wrote:
Instagram

I thought that on instagram she says you should download her app to see the whole episode

amother
  Azure  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:39 am
amother Geranium wrote:
What kind of book is she writing. Seems like she’s trying to get attention and relevance so people get interested in her for marketing sake. She keeps saying, you’ll see what I mean when you read my book.

She said shes writing s memoir. Maybe that’s why she spoke about the cleaning lady in yiddish - to keep people talking because any publicity is good publicity. Because I can’t otherwise understand why she’d make at least half of her 52k followers feel alienated and not able to understand her. Because if she really said it’s safer to speak in yiddish so she doesn't get pummeled with comments, I take that to mean she is not interested in non-yiddish speaking followers, she must not value our subscriptions.

Ruchi  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:48 am
amother Azure wrote:
She said shes writing s memoir. Maybe that’s why she spoke about the cleaning lady in yiddish - to keep people talking because any publicity is good publicity. Because I can’t otherwise understand why she’d make at least half of her 52k followers feel alienated and not able to understand her. Because if she really said it’s safer to speak in yiddish so she doesn't get pummeled with comments, I take that to mean she is not interested in non-yiddish speaking followers, she must not value our subscriptions.

Someone mentioned upthread that she spoke in yiddish because didn't want the hassle of ppl messaging her that they can't afford cleaners.
I'm sure it was definitely not to alienate or disvalue non yiddish speaking ppl.

amother
  Azure  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 5:55 am
Ruchi wrote:
Someone mentioned upthread that she spoke in yiddish because didn't want the hassle of ppl messaging her that they can't afford cleaners.
I'm sure it was definitely not to alienate or disvalue non yiddish speaking ppl.

think about the implication of that statement, if that’s really her truth. That only Yiddish speakers can afford cleaning ladies? That doesn’t make any sense. I’m sure plenty of her Yiddish speaking audience also cannot afford cleaning ladies. So she is saying that her Yiddish speaking audience are the ones who will not bother to message her because they don’t like her message? Clearly shes saying that her nonYiddish speaking audience is not worth space in her inbox. Because it literally does not make sense, if she is saying she does not want anybody else to understand her, because only people who can understand her are the ones who can afford cleaning ladies? And everybody else will send her messages that they can’t? Doesn’t make sense.

amother
  Cappuccino  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 6:02 am
amother Azure wrote:
think about the implication of that statement, if that’s really her truth. That only Yiddish speakers can afford cleaning ladies? That doesn’t make any sense. I’m sure plenty of her Yiddish speaking audience also cannot afford cleaning ladies. So she is saying that her Yiddish speaking audience are the ones who will not bother to message her because they don’t like her message? Clearly shes saying that her nonYiddish speaking audience is not worth space in her inbox. Because it literally does not make sense, if she is saying she does not want anybody else to understand her, because only people who can understand her are the ones who can afford cleaning ladies? And everybody else will send her messages that they can’t? Doesn’t make sense.

No, it wasn’t because she thought Yiddish speakers can afford it and English speakers can’t. It had nothing to do with that. She mentioned the affordability issue as the reason she hasn’t done an episode on her show focused on cleaning help, not the reason she spoke in Yiddish.

The English speaking community is more likely to message her about racism than the Yiddish speaking community is so she did it for that reason. She said some things that could be awful for our community if the clip ever got out into the world. I don’t think she should have said those things, they were racist, but I’m glad she said it in Yiddish when she said it so that Hispanic people definitely can’t understand it.

Ruchi  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 6:05 am
amother Azure wrote:

It might simply mean that the bulk majority of her followers are non yiddish speaking, so it would mean very few ppl messaging her. Also, if she wasn't speaking complimentary about cleaning helpers, then that alone makes a legitimate reason and safer for her to speak in yiddish.

amother
  Azure  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 6:28 am
Ruchi wrote:
It might simply mean that the bulk majority of her followers are non yiddish speaking, so it would mean very few ppl messaging her. Also, if she wasn't speaking complimentary about cleaning helpers, then that alone makes a legitimate reason and safer for her to speak in yiddish.

After her long rant about Instagram a couple nights ago, maybe she should realize what she’s doing when she considers posting in English to be unsafe. If it’s not safe, it shouldn’t be posted, that’s basic social media posting 101. It was elementary school basic courtesy - if you can’t say it to everybody, it shouldn’t be said at all.

amother
Holly  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 6:38 am
I looked through her stories, when does she talk about cleaning ladies?
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics