Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
S/o Airbnb/hotel do u check out on time?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:26 pm
We don’t. We open the lock and stay until someone shows up 😆

amother
Coral  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:30 pm
I do more or less. But one time the cleaning crew arrived exactly at the designated time and we were running a bit late. They tried to charge us for it. We gave them a list of all the things that had the wrong that we weren’t planning to complain about. They quickly shut up after that.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:31 pm
As someone who has an Airbnb your both 100% wrong.
The cleaning crew comes in usually within a half hour of checkout time.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:33 pm
We had to check out once 11am cleaning crew arrived 2:30

amother
Cherry  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:35 pm
I am always extremely careful to be on time. I don’t think I’ve ever even gone a minute over, but I do usually leave at the checkout time (so for 12pm check out I’m out the door like 11:58)

amother
  Cherry

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
We had to check out once 11am cleaning crew arrived 2:30

The fact that you were still there at 2:30 though is not okay

amother
  Coral

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:37 pm
amother Orange wrote:
As someone who has an Airbnb your both 100% wrong.
The cleaning crew comes in usually within a half hour of checkout time.

So running 15 min late is a crime?

amother
Lightgray  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:37 pm
Yes 5 minutes early. Today I checked out of an Airbnb at 10:55 we were sitting in the car in front of the house buckling the kids, putting the address in waze etc and I saw the host pull up at 11:03 to clean
Its stealing to stay later than checkout

amother
  Lightgray

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:38 pm
amother Coral wrote:
So running 15 min late is a crime?

Yes
Be prepared in advance. We pack up the night before and set our alarms early enough to leave on time
My Airbnb host showed up 3 minutes after checkout time to clean and it would have been wrong for us to still be inside

amother
Bluebell

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:42 pm
We always leave early. We usually hit the road well before checkout. I would never stay even a minute later, without clearing it with the owner first. It's not your place. You can't just steal extra time there.

amother
Midnight  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:46 pm
Why would you think it's ok to check out late without permission? You paid to leave by a certain time. It's completely wrong to stay over that time. The entitlement people have is astounding.

rdmom

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:47 pm
I always leave on time. The few times I wanted to stay later, not more than an hour later, I asked the host if it was ok. Most of the time if they don’t need it that night, they are fine. One host told me I can stay the extra two hours as long as I let the cleaner in early. Which I did. She cleaned the upstairs while I was busy finishing getting out of there.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 4:54 pm
Only if we're literally loading the car & just not managing to be out exactly on the button. I don't think it's ok to plan on staying past.

amother
Poinsettia  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:09 pm
amother OP wrote:

That’s awful! Why would you do that?
I actually just reached out to the owner of where we are staying, to see if we can check out later on the day we are leaving.
Sometimes we are running a little late, but we never purposely just don’t leave.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:09 pm
Yeah we really try to be out the minute we are supposed to be out by, or within 5 min of that time give or take. We actually just checked out of an Airbnb earlier this week and we were supposed to be out by 11 and I ran a drop late just with last min stuff- getting the last few stuff into a bag, putting some stuff back where they were when we came, so it was about 11:13 when I locked the door and my husband was not happy! But that rarely happens, and we definitely don't plan for it. Just with little kids, and those last bathroom trips before you leave, and "mommy I forgot my X upstairs!" etc, sometimes things just take a bit longer than I even planned ahead for.

Amarante

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:15 pm
It is probably easier to ask for a late departure at a hotel than most Air bnb because the hotel has full time staff so they can have them cleaning a other rooms unless the hotel is 100% booked and even then they have some flexibility with room assignments.

An Air BNB has a limited time to fully turn over a home with a cleaning crew it has scheduled so that it is ready by check in time.

Most have cameras at the entrance at the very least so they know if you are sneaking guests or pets or if uiu are leaving late.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:17 pm
We have asked for late checkout if nobody is coming that evening- we usually get it, but not always. Add us to ths people that do everything possible to get out on time, bu sometimes ate still packing the car. Because some people on my family are not great with timeliness and I can't control that, but they are always aiming for on time. If we get charged for the extra time (which has happened once, for an extra ten minutes of still going in and out), we apologize and pay.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:18 pm
Once checkout time passes it is no longer your property. If you know you won't make it out on time, ask for late checkout. Often the host will accommodate.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:23 pm
amother OP wrote:

Wow such a chilul Hashem. You paid to leave at s certain time. Every second over is stealing.

amother
Papaya  

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 5:24 pm
We always plan to be out on time. It has happened that we went over by a couple of minutes inadvertantly in the craziness of packing up the car. Yesterday we had 11 am check out time and we were all out and in the car but still hadn't left the driveway at 11:05 when the cleaning crew arrived.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics