Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Staying at a chassidish hotel for the weekend
Previous  1  2  3  4

ShishKabob  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:05 am
dankbar wrote:
Chassidim have diff timing that's OK to daven, and it's not only the shleppers that wake late. For other people, who hold stricter or other zmanim, it's a problem when they don't have a Minyan when they want to daven
Right, I was just pointing out that there are chassidim that do keep zman tfillah gasp!

dankbar  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:10 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Right, I was just pointing out that there are chassidim that do keep zman tfillah gasp!

We hold diff zmanim

Ruchel  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:11 am
Not so familiar with Hungarian but love heimishe food

dankbar  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:14 am
Heimish people stem from chassidim.

Heimish, as in homemade food always better than commercial.

Shabbos food especially, really has to be well made, that it should taste good when made commercially.

dankbar  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:25 am
For chassidim it's also a problem, when non chassidim start doing melachos earlier, when it's still shabbos for them. It bothers them too.

I just asked my husband on zman tefillah, he said in certain chassidus and places, there's an inyan shabbos to daven later, and they don't go according to the timing of ssunrise. They use other timing.

dankbar  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:27 am
OP how was your experience?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:29 am
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Deodorant is never allowed.

This is not nice and I had no idea you were joking or being sarcastic. You owe an apology

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:31 am
dankbar wrote:
Heimish people stem from chassidim.

Heimish, as in homemade food always better than commercial.

Shabbos food especially, really has to be well made, that it should taste good when made commercially.
yes I know. I love that kind of food though didn't really gave the occasion to taste Hungarian.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:34 am
Many years ago, we stayed at a chasdish hotel with my family. Friday night was the hardest, as we did not know what to expect. We didn;t expect to have the meal so late. They started to serve the soup at 11:30 PM. Now I understand why they have a Taema. (we don't do that) and why they serve the children supper first and put them to bed.
In the Summer, we usually eat early. Sometimes the boys even come home from shul, even before candlelighting, so it was a huge shock to us, as a sephardi family, starting the meal so late. We were a little hangry to say the least.I think we were so tired, we just had the soup, bentched and went to sleep. We did not want to eat past 12 AM, but rest of Shabbat was okay and for the most part, pleasant...

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 9:55 am
dankbar wrote:
For chassidim it's also a problem, when non chassidim start doing melachos earlier, when it's still shabbos for them. It bothers them too.

I just asked my husband on zman tefillah, he said in certain chassidus and places, there's an inyan shabbos to daven later, and they don't go according to the timing of ssunrise. They use other timing.
I guess we are not the real deal then.

dankbar  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 10:00 am
Even at home, my kids had early dinner before zman, and meal very late. In the summer, after fish soup, they're done, so anything that would be served as main plate, they eat before zman like kugel....

dankbar  

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 10:02 am
ShishKabob wrote:
I guess we are not the real deal then.

I never insinuated that. I was saying that different chassidus have diff criterias for zmanim for tefillah

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 11:16 am
dankbar wrote:
We hold diff zmanim

only for mincha. everyone holds of the same zman tefillah in the morning just generally chasidim are less makpid on it than others

dankbar

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 12:07 pm
No my husband said let's say in skver it goes diff. 10 in winter 11 in summer.

Look at some rebbes, daven shachrus really late, are they oiver, no they have diff chesbonos on calculating zmanim.

Klausenburg and sukelen are known for very late shachrus, like when you wait on for a bris by rebbe, it can be late afternoon when shachrus is over.

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 12:24 pm
dankbar wrote:
No my husband said let's say in skver it goes diff. 10 in winter 11 in summer.

Look at some rebbes, daven shachrus really late, are they oiver, no they have diff chesbonos on calculating zmanim.

Klausenburg and sukelen are known for very late shachrus, like when you wait on for a bris by rebbe, it can be late afternoon when shachrus is over.
Not necessarily. It doesn't mean that they make zman tefillah just because they are a Rebbe.
Reb Yoel Teitlebaum had stomache issues and that's why he davened late, not because he had a different calculation of time. His personal schedule didn't coincide with zman tefillah.
It doesn't mean that the chassidim shouldn't make zman tefillah just because their Rebbe has personal health issues with it.
Don't make it into something it's not. Ditto for the other Rebbes.

amother
  Cyclamen

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:12 pm
amother Red wrote:
This is not nice and I had no idea you were joking or being sarcastic. You owe an apology

You didn't see that I immediately apologized when I realized that?

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Sep 01 2024, 3:27 pm
Food will be different
Davening will be different
Zemirot will be different
Embrace the difference and enjoy
You never know you may make a new friend

This reminds me of the song that the families became great friends at the end.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics