Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller advice Israel
Previous  1  2

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 7:08 am
Thank you steel for clarifying about the mountain buggy. So I guess that is only an option secondhand. Still very curious to hear opinions on the weight! People keep saying it has the best push but I'm a bit stuck on it being significantly heavier than the rest.

As far as baby monsters - many stores are still selling the older one. Just check what it's called, old one is easy twin 3 and new one is 4. From what I am hearing, the newer has more suspension and one-handed fold. I think basket is a bit smaller and has individual handlebars instead of one across. Personally I don't think I'd pay more for these updates.

Still happy to hear input from more people if anyone else wants to chime in!

amother
  DarkGreen

Post Tue, May 14 2024, 10:29 am
Do you know anyone with any of these irl? The best thing would be for you to try it yourself. And not just on a nice smooth floor that the store has, but out on uneven roads and up hills. And most importantly with children in it. It's very different pushing an empty stroller vs a filled one.
Tbh, I'm sure most people would be happy to let you push their stroller for a moment or give their opinion on what they do or don't like about it. So if you go to your local park or out and about and spot someone with the stroller, just see if you can try it out.
I loved my mountain buggy duet but my friend hated it. It has to work for you and your lifestyle.

dreamer24  

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 12:19 pm
I went double stroller shopping today on Strauss רהיטי אור. I will also say he was by far cheaper then any other store I have looked into including the chain stores.
I don't live in yershulayim but I live in a city take buses frequently as we don't have a car. I was looking at how it folds, the width because we have a tiny elevator, and sturdiness and how easy it was to maneuver and how heavy or lightweight it was

I checked out the following strollers
Baby Monster 3- It wasn't so simple to fold and unfold like even my husband had trouble unfolding it
City Tour by Baby Jogger- Super lightweight, but not great for a newborn, I would liken it to an umbrella stroller (this is what a salesman told us about the single) So if you don't need a heavy duty double but something just for the occasional long walks this might be a good fit depending on the age of your kids. The salesperson said not to get the bassinet with it
Valco- I found this very heavy when I went to fold it. The salesperson said its very sturdy, it looked like a good stroller but it was heavy
NIU- This is the one I settled on because I could figure out how to fold it, its not super heavy, you can purchase the bassinet with it. Downside is that basket is not very big on the bottom. Its also 65 cm so its narrow like the baby monster.

dreamer24  

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 12:28 pm
On this topic anyone know anything about the Britax Agile B-2?

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:00 pm
dreamer24 wrote:
I went double stroller shopping today on Strauss רהיטי אור. I will also say he was by far cheaper then any other store I have looked into including the chain stores.
I don't live in yershulayim but I live in a city take buses frequently as we don't have a car. I was looking at how it folds, the width because we have a tiny elevator, and sturdiness and how easy it was to maneuver and how heavy or lightweight it was

I checked out the following strollers
Baby Monster 3- It wasn't so simple to fold and unfold like even my husband had trouble unfolding it
City Tour by Baby Jogger- Super lightweight, but not great for a newborn, I would liken it to an umbrella stroller (this is what a salesman told us about the single) So if you don't need a heavy duty double but something just for the occasional long walks this might be a good fit depending on the age of your kids. The salesperson said not to get the bassinet with it
Valco- I found this very heavy when I went to fold it. The salesperson said its very sturdy, it looked like a good stroller but it was heavy
NIU- This is the one I settled on because I could figure out how to fold it, its not super heavy, you can purchase the bassinet with it. Downside is that basket is not very big on the bottom. Its also 65 cm so its narrow like the baby monster.

Thanks so much for the review!! How much was your NIU?

dreamer24

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:16 am
The NIU costs 2300 shekels by the guy on strauss, I haven't seen it in many stores. I went back there yesterday and he also had an Infanti miniature double stroller, which is narrower then the NIU, has a bigger basket and an easier fold its 1600 shekels online its 1690. The pluses of the NIU is that its very light weight has a great canopy, and adjustable foot rest, plus more air, but its a two step fold. The guy said that NIU is better quality overall, but as long as your not bumping the Infanti up and down stairs every day it should be fine.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics