Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A 5 min pregnancy and birth, what a drama!!!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Mintgreen

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 7:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I called the urgent-care earlier and asked if they would be happy to forward a gift to Ms. XYZ, explaining that I was there during the drama. She said she wasn't there yesterday, but she doesn't see why not, and said she'll get back to me.

She called me back literally 10 mins later and said it would be her pleasure to do so, and thanked me for showing her the goodness of people (thank you Dr. mom, I think you were the poster who suggested it)!

We're not in that town anymore, but I bought a couple of cute stretchies, a pack of bodysuits and some nourishing body cream. (Neutral colors, I don't know if it was a girl or boy, and when I asked the receptionist she said she can't tell me, confidentiality reasons.)

I wrote a cute note, congratulating her and wishing her all the best, and included my (first) name and cell-phone numb. DH just went to post it, and guess I'll wait and see if I hear from her! I'm guessing not, but one never knows!

So sweet of you! Please update us if she responds. I’m a bit invested in this story lol!

NotFunny  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 9:18 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
So sweet of you! Please update us if she responds. I’m a bit invested in this story lol!

Yes please!
That’s very sweet and kind of you!

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 10:26 pm
I know someone personally that didnt know she was pregnant until her 7th month.

I actually didnt know I was pregnant... until I miscarried. Still a mystery of how long I was pregnant Id assume a couple of months!

I was breastfeeding 8 month old, no periods, felt hungry, some reg progesterone continuous postpartum feelings and overwhelm... once day I just started having abnormal bleeding, went to dr, he took ultrasound and told me theres a fetus that developed until 9 weeks in there but was shriveled so its hard to know how long it was there and dead...needed a d&c and ended up with a bad uterine infection I guess cuz it was there too long.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 9:41 am
amother Mintgreen wrote:

Yes will update if I ever hear from her! Love the way everyone loves the story! The whole drama is so not 'me', I'm the most boring predictable type, not the type who always seem to be caught up in the latest hock!

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 9:51 am
amother OP wrote:
I called the urgent-care earlier and asked if they would be happy to forward a gift to Ms. XYZ, explaining that I was there during the drama. She said she wasn't there yesterday, but she doesn't see why not, and said she'll get back to me.

She called me back literally 10 mins later and said it would be her pleasure to do so, and thanked me for showing her the goodness of people (thank you Dr. mom, I think you were the poster who suggested it)!

We're not in that town anymore, but I bought a couple of cute stretchies, a pack of bodysuits and some nourishing body cream. (Neutral colors, I don't know if it was a girl or boy, and when I asked the receptionist she said she can't tell me, confidentiality reasons.)

I wrote a cute note, congratulating her and wishing her all the best, and included my (first) name and cell-phone numb. DH just went to post it, and guess I'll wait and see if I hear from her! I'm guessing not, but one never knows!

I love that you did this!! So nice of you. The mom can use all the help and warmth she can get, a surprise pregnancy can be traumatizing let alone a surprise labor and birth my goodness.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 9:56 am
Wow! What an experience! How old was the young woman that gave birth? In her teens?

amother
  Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 9:59 am
amother Valerian wrote:
What? Where is this from? Why?

Avoda Zara 20b quoting Devarim 7:2.

Shulchan Aruch Y.D. 151:11 C.M. 249:2

Rav Moshe Feinstein (Igros Moshe O.C. 2:51)

amother
DarkRed

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 10:06 am
Is there a chance that the mom knew that she's pregnant but never told grandma. Maybe she was hiding it from her mother?
Could be she wasn't due yet so didn't think she's in labor?

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 11:43 am
flowerpower wrote:
Wow! What an experience! How old was the young woman that gave birth? In her teens?

She looked around 30.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 11:51 am
amother DarkRed wrote:
Is there a chance that the mom knew that she's pregnant but never told grandma. Maybe she was hiding it from her mother?
Could be she wasn't due yet so didn't think she's in labor?

Wondering the same! She didn't say much, she was literally ready to give birth so the Mom was doing all the talking and dramatics!
She didn't contribute much to the questions, neither denying or agreeing when her stomach pains were diagnosed as 'labor'. But let's face it Imas, how coherent are we moments before birth??

I'm finding myself hopeful that I'll hear from her, altho it won't get to the Doc's office till tomo, then they have to get it to her... Can't deny that I'm holding my breath!

Busybee5  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 11:51 am
But but didn't she feel nauseous and exhausted?! Lol. How anyone can escape feeling pregnant is beyond my comprehension! Id love to skip the first half of my pregnancies out 😅

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 6:45 pm
She called! I got an email saying the package had arrived at the urgent-care on Shabbos, which I followed up with a call, in which they told me they had let Ms. X know there was a package..

She called this morning to say thank you, she was really touched! She said she hadn't noticed anyone or anything, and was quite embarrassed that anyone saw her in that state!

I only spoke to her for a few minutes, but my golly she told me her life story, well, not really but ykwim!

She honestly had no clue she was pregnant, although she was feeling nauseous for a few weeks, but she'd been overseas and attributed it to the change of diet.. She's a high powered accountant, worked her way up and was hoping to become a partner in her firm. She said she called her boss to say that she's taking maternity leave, to say he was shocked is an understatement, esp when he asked her when she's due, and she said she's had the baby...she was at work the afternoon before!

She'd recently changed her BC, and had a couple of light irregular periods, so while that's unusual for her, she put it down to the change of BC.

Contrary to what her Mom said, she knows who the farther is! They got on well, but although she likes him, they decided that they'd just be friends, neither were ready to commit at that point. She's at her Mom's now, who's looking after her well, and he dad is chuffed with his new status as Grampa! She has a brother in his 20s who at University but has been to see her, and they're all spoiling her.

He partner has taken an apartment near her parents and is taking his duties as a Dad very seriously, and they're not sure if they'll be a family, but she hopes so...they're taking it slowly.

Oh, it was a girl!

amother
  Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 6:49 pm
Thanks for the update!
Wow wow wow!

RYK

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 6:53 pm
Wow!!

amother
Waterlily

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 7:02 pm
This happened to my grandmother a”h with my father.
She was on a bus, didn’t know she was pregnant, and felt a strong kick.
She turned around to find out who kicked her….
She was 8 months pregnant.

dena613

Post Wed, Aug 28 2024, 7:23 pm
amother Waterlily wrote:
This happened to my grandmother a”h with my father.
She was on a bus, didn’t know she was pregnant, and felt a strong kick.
She turned around to find out who kicked her….
She was 8 months pregnant.

I don't get it.
Baby kicking inside doesn't feel like someone kicking your seat...

NotFunny

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 12:01 am
What a story!
I wonder if she was able to figure out about when she got pregnant. And how did she not feel anything but the slight nausea…

Thanks for the update op!!

amother
  Electricblue

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 1:19 am
Wow! I'm happy the baby has a stable home
It was a bc fail?
Why didn't she realize she'd gained weight?
Was she full term?

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 1:30 am
amother OP wrote:
She called! I got an email saying the package had arrived at the urgent-care on Shabbos, which I followed up with a call, in which they told me they had let Ms. X know there was a package..

She called this morning to say thank you, she was really touched! She said she hadn't noticed anyone or anything, and was quite embarrassed that anyone saw her in that state!

I only spoke to her for a few minutes, but my golly she told me her life story, well, not really but ykwim!

She honestly had no clue she was pregnant, although she was feeling nauseous for a few weeks, but she'd been overseas and attributed it to the change of diet.. She's a high powered accountant, worked her way up and was hoping to become a partner in her firm. She said she called her boss to say that she's taking maternity leave, to say he was shocked is an understatement, esp when he asked her when she's due, and she said she's had the baby...she was at work the afternoon before!

She'd recently changed her BC, and had a couple of light irregular periods, so while that's unusual for her, she put it down to the change of BC.

Contrary to what her Mom said, she knows who the farther is! They got on well, but although she likes him, they decided that they'd just be friends, neither were ready to commit at that point. She's at her Mom's now, who's looking after her well, and he dad is chuffed with his new status as Grampa! She has a brother in his 20s who at University but has been to see her, and they're all spoiling her.

He partner has taken an apartment near her parents and is taking his duties as a Dad very seriously, and they're not sure if they'll be a family, but she hopes so...they're taking it slowly.

Oh, it was a girl!

Love the update!

eezee

Post Thu, Aug 29 2024, 3:24 am
Not sure why, but this update made me tear up 🥲
I'm such a sucker for happy endings
Thanks for the update OP!
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics