Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Does anyone know what's with SETSS agencies?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
  Freesia  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 3:43 pm
amother Amber wrote:
Why are you one of the owners of an agency? Why would you say that?

No I'm a provider. If all schools only allow through agencies, we will get a major cut in pay. DOE is paying $85 an hour now. If it's through an agency it means we will get paid a lot less since they'll take a cut. People are saying that an agency is needed to help coordinate services and etc... by paying $5 to help a school hire someone like that, we will be taking a much smaller pay cut then through an agency.

amother
  Amber  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 3:44 pm
Well that looks like a kickback.

amother
  Freesia  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 3:46 pm
amother Amber wrote:

I hear. Any better ideas to make this work for everyone?

amother
  Amber  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 3:46 pm
And truthfully, the schools don't need to pay for a resource room . It's fully funded through setss. They really should hire someone or give that duty to a principal. They are saving money they can give it back to the students.

seeker  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 3:50 pm
amother Amber wrote:

What she's suggesting is paying for a case management service, which is not the same as a kickback. I don't think it will work for practical reasons but it's worth brainstorming solutions because you never know what will get somewhere.

bsy  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 4:41 pm
Direct doe payment is 90 an hour. Yeled is offering 80. To pay the school to work directly for doe and lose from the 90 is pathetic. Guess how much a therapist working 4 to 5 hours a day in school makes at the end of the year..... Spoiler: it's less than you think.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 4:46 pm
bsy wrote:
Direct doe payment is 90 an hour. Yeled is offering 80. To pay the school to work directly for doe and lose from the 90 is pathetic. Guess how much a therapist working 4 to 5 hours a day in school makes at the end of the year..... Spoiler: it's less than you think.

First of all, the new DOE rate is $85.
Secondly, where is this Yeled offer coming from? Person I know who worked for them last year got less than that, and with DOE cracking down on enhanced rate and offering 85 for regular I can't imagine they're going to be paying 80 across the board.

I'm the one who said my agency is handing over to Yeled but nobody has reached out to me from either agency. Which is in very poor taste, even if you're closing your business for good it's only right to let your workers know first.

bsy  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 4:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
First of all, the new DOE rate is $85.
Secondly, where is this Yeled offer coming from? Person I know who worked for them last year got less than that, and with DOE cracking down on enhanced rate and offering 85 for regular I can't imagine they're going to be paying 80 across the board.

I'm the one who said my agency is handing over to Yeled but nobody has reached out to me from either agency. Which is in very poor taste, even if you're closing your business for good it's only right to let your workers know first.

I'm talking about related services, not setts. The rate from the doe hasnt changed.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 4:57 pm
bsy wrote:
I'm talking about related services, not setts. The rate from the doe hasnt changed.

Ok well as stated in title and op this is a conversation about setss. Please don't make this more confusing than it already is.

If anyone knows what Yeled is doing about SETSS please do share. It looks like somehow they are positioned to take a monopoly on this.

I'm sad that no providers were invited to the table as the schools, askanim, and agencies were working on this.

amother
Trillium  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 5:06 pm
I WISH there was clarity, as a related service provider! The rumors are flying, and my school is pressuring me 2 sign up...I said I CANT because there isnt an agency that officially said they have our contract, or decided on a rate
I emailed aguda, and didnt get anything
Im wondering if I should reach out to a councilman!
At this point, IM wondering if I should reach out to the DOE and see if there is an answer, cuz no one knows anything, and Im wondering if the DOE even realizes that us service providers get told things last, and how nervous/ unclear we are ( and if anyone has any idea of who to reach out to in the DOE, pls chime in!)

pecan

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 11:28 pm
Schools will be taking 10-15 a session from setss providers for rent and overhead, unfortunately

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 11:39 pm
pecan wrote:
Schools will be taking 10-15 a session from setss providers for rent and overhead, unfortunately

What? Where? Said who?

I don't rent space from the schools I work in; I provide a service for their students at no cost to them.

amother
Aqua  

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 11:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
What? Where? Said who?

I don't rent space from the schools I work in; I provide a service for their students at no cost to them.

I agree. they never did until now.
the agencies may, though. I thought they'll try to make larger groups, so pay per hour is better, so hopefully hopefully they won't need to lower pay too much....

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Aug 25 2024, 11:46 pm
I feel terrible for all you providers and for the kids who might miss out on services.
This really really sucks and I hope you all get the pay you deserve. Heart

amother
  Freesia

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 11:00 am
amother Holly wrote:
I feel terrible for all you providers and for the kids who might miss out on services.
This really really sucks and I hope you all get the pay you deserve. Heart

Thank you

metz  

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 11:03 am
Just got an email from the board of ed that I have to find my own pervider for ot therapy

seeker  

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 11:33 am
metz wrote:
Just got an email from the board of ed that I have to find my own pervider for ot therapy

That's normal. You take that form to the agency. At least that's how it was a few years ago when I got for my kid.

amother
Mintcream  

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 11:38 am
pecan wrote:

That's ridiculous. The setts provider is giving free services to their students that otherwise would be on tje school to provide the extra help.

amother
  Milk  

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 11:41 am
pecan wrote:
oh my, that's a lot of money:( what do you mean for rent?? Huh.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 11:51 am
The only people that were benefiting from enhanced rates were the agency!
The point is to cut out all these agencies and have each provider bill themselves with all the money going directly to the provider.
The providing agencies are telling the schools to help them fight to stay in business but really every school needs to deal with their providers. Let’s all agree that the agencies are really not needed and drive up these insane enhanced rates that benefitted none of the children or providers only their own pockets!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics