Forum -> Shopping
What to tip Instacart for water bottle delivery
Previous  1  2

amother
Outerspace  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 8:56 am
amother Peach wrote:
I pay for delivery. Imo that's enough.

A tip is not required. It's a tip, if I want. I don't want.

Don't be surprised when people stop picking your orders. I'm sure shoppers have a way of rating buyers.

amother
  Lemonchiffon  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 9:11 am
What about Uber eats? I haven’t used them yet, but it seems to me that after service and delivery fees with a generous tip on top, it makes it not worth it.
e.g. if I order something in the neighborhood for $25, how much do I end up paying in total?

amother
  Cyan  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 9:11 am
amother Outerspace wrote:
Don't be surprised when people stop picking your orders. I'm sure shoppers have a way of rating buyers.

We do

happy12

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 9:33 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
What about Uber eats? I haven’t used them yet, but it seems to me that after service and delivery fees with a generous tip on top, it makes it not worth it.
e.g. if I order something in the neighborhood for $25, how much do I end up paying in total?

It generally way cheaper to order directly on the business website.
I have a friend who owns a store. She said ordering directly from her a 50 order is $50. By using uber eats the same order is over $70 .

amother
  Peach  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 10:37 am
amother Cyan wrote:
I really hope I don’t know you IRL, this is gross.

But your comment isn't, right? Confused

amother
  Cyan  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 10:43 am
amother Peach wrote:
But your comment isn't, right? Confused

Why? Do I need to sugarcoat everything I say? I'm being honest

amother
  Peach  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 10:54 am
amother Cyan wrote:
Why? Do I need to sugarcoat everything I say? I'm being honest

So am I.

Instacart charges a delivery fee and marks up the prices on the things they buy.

I don't tip. I'm upfront with them, the buyers know ahead of time that I'm not planning on tipping.

No one is forcing anyone to take the sale.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 10:58 am
amother Peach wrote:
So am I.

Instacart charges a delivery fee and marks up the prices on the things they buy.

I don't tip. I'm upfront with them, the buyers know ahead of time that I'm not planning on tipping.

No they don’t, they very possibly assume a cash tip, especially for water

amother
  Outerspace  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 11:08 am
amother Peach wrote:
So am I.

Instacart marks up the prices because instacart needs to make money too. Not because the driver is getting paid well. If you don't want to pay makeups and don't want to tip go to the store yourself. You are choosing to use a premium service but don't wanna pay the price.

amother
  Cyan  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 11:08 am
amother Peach wrote:
So am I.

The delivery is free on most orders over $35. You pay a service fee and membership fee to instacart for their service (running the business, not the people doing the shopping). You pay higher product prices to the stores. The tip is meant for the shopper. Instacart pays practically nothing, as its generally understood that they will make their income from tips primarily.

And most shoppers in that situation assume the tip will be added after delivery. Personally I would not take an order without a tip already added- but I can see your order with your frum name and location with no tip and yes- its still making a chillul hashem.

amother
  Peach

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 11:16 am
amother Cyan wrote:
The delivery is free on most orders over $35. You pay a service fee and membership fee to instacart for their service (running the business, not the people doing the shopping). You pay higher product prices to the stores. The tip is meant for the shopper. Instacart pays practically nothing, as its generally understood that they will make their income from tips primarily.

And most shoppers in that situation assume the tip will be added after delivery. Personally I would not take an order without a tip already added- but I can see your order with your frum name and location with no tip and yes- its still making a chillul hashem.

Interesting food for thought.

See how that's more constructive than saying you hope you don't know me and I'm gross?

amother
  Outerspace  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 11:20 am

Uber eats is way more expensive than ordering from the store or going yourself. It's worth it if you need to use the service. If you can get the food yourself and don't want to pay extra fees don't use the service.

It's astounding how entitled people are. I want someone else to shop for me and deliver it to my doorstep but I don't wanna pay any extra money for it.

amother
  Cyan  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 11:30 am
amother Peach wrote:
Interesting food for thought.

See how that's more constructive than saying you hope you don't know me and I'm gross?

I didn’t say you’re gross, I said what you commented was. You said you don’t tip because you don’t have to and you don’t want to, so you don’t

It’s not like you showed any interest in learning why the tip might be important to the person running your errand

amother
  Cyan  

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 11:36 am

Most restaurants offer delivery, just with a hefty fee ($10-20), but the prices are the same and that fee usually goes directly to the driver. Restaurant’s bump up their prices on delivery websites because it covers the percentage they pay to the service company (so they don’t lose money) and the money you pay to the service company mostly goes to the company, not the driver. If you are ordering one item it’s probably cheaper to use Uber even with the higher price and tip. 2+ items it’s already usually more worthwhile to order directly from the restaurant

I like to double check with the restaurant that the delivery fee is going solely to the driver, otherwise I tip extra

amother
  Lemonchiffon

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 1:01 pm
Uber eats is way more expensive than ordering from the store or going yourself. It's worth it if you need to use the service. If you can get the food yourself and don't want to pay extra fees don't use the service.

It's astounding how entitled people are. I want someone else to shop for me and deliver it to my doorstep but I don't wanna pay any extra money for it.

Please stop being so snarky. I haven’t used the service and was wondering what it will come out to…and then I’ll decide if it’s worth it.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 1:21 pm

But they are paying for it. I don’t use any delivery services but isn’t there a subscription fee on top of prices being inflated to cover the cost?

amother
Aconite

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 1:26 pm
tigerwife wrote:
But they are paying for it. I don’t use any delivery services but isn’t there a subscription fee on top of prices being inflated to cover the cost?

Yes, in addition to Subscription fees you have different fees that get added on. I even paid for a heavy water fee.... Who is getting that money??

amother
  Cyan

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 1:33 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Yes, in addition to Subscription fees you have different fees that get added on. I even paid for a heavy water fee.... Who is getting that money??

This really bothers me. Instacart keeps that fee, it does not go to the driver. On occasion there is a price bump because of heavy items but most of the time clients pay it and shoppers aren’t given it. And when they are it’s a small percentage of what you pay

amother
  Outerspace

Post Fri, Aug 23 2024, 1:38 pm
Please stop being so snarky. I haven’t used the service and was wondering what it will come out to…and then I’ll decide if it’s worth it.

Set up an uber eats account, add the items you want and see the pricing. Nobody can tell you if its worth it...it's up to you decide if it's worth it for you to pay the fees to have the food delivered to you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics