Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Bonus children tax refund NYC

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 8:46 am
Did anyone get the $300 bonus tax refund? We just got a few hundred, but we have quite a few kids, all under 18.

Yes, I know it's a bonus so we're thankful for this much but we were expected it to be much more.

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 8:48 am
I think the amount depends on your credit on your tax return. Not an automatic amount

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 8:50 am
amother Freesia wrote:
I think the amount depends on your credit on your tax return. Not an automatic amount

When they were talking about in on the news, it said they were giving a $300 bonus per child. But I guess there could be other guidelines they didn't mention.

amother
Hyssop  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:07 am
It’s a percentage of your credit based on income. For example if you make between 25-50k you get 50% of the credit amount you received. Anything over 50k and you only get 25% of the credit.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:09 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
It’s a percentage of your credit based on income. For example if you make between 25-50k you get 50% of the credit amount you received. Anything over 50k and you only get 25% of the credit.

That does make sense, but not for us. We're a lot of ppl, bh and I a very low income bracket. Should have been much more than 600, but I guess that's all that was meant to be ours. We will gladly accept it.

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:18 am
Is this only for NYC? I saw on the news too but it didn't say a place. Do I need to do anything to get it? We filed 2023 taxes

amother
  Hyssop

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:20 am
https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/emp.....s.htm

Here is all the info. Maybe call your accountant or check your tax return to make sure the numbers are accurate.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:33 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
https://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/empire-child-credit-payments.htm

Here is all the info. Maybe call your accountant or check your tax return to make sure the numbers are accurate.

Thank you. I just looked it up, it is correct based on this info. Not sure why I thought it was $300 per kid. Maybe it's up to a max on $300 per kid.

Either way, we're thankful for the few hundred we got.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:50 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
Is this only for NYC? I saw on the news too but it didn't say a place. Do I need to do anything to get it? We filed 2023 taxes

NYS. You don't have to do anything, if you filed your 2023 tax returns, you will automatically get it.

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 10:04 am
We would get this now even if we already filed in April and got refund? How much do you get if you’re over the income limit for things like WIC etc?

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 10:34 am
amother Electricblue wrote:
We would get this now even if we already filed in April and got refund? How much do you get if you’re over the income limit for things like WIC etc?

This is separate from refunds. Check out the link amother hyssop posted to see if you're eligible.

foreverone

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 10:38 am
Just got the check on shabbos. I was also hoping to receive $330 per child under 18. Was expecting over $2k but only got $400. It's a extra bonus but was also assuming we would get more. We are low income

mra01385

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 12:28 am
I only got $165 for 2 kids. I’ll take that as it’s still something and could be used for some expenses. It’s a percentage of how much child tax credit you got on your 2023 tax return. The irs website has a calculator to figure out an estimate of how much tax credit you will get.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 3:32 am
Based on the calculator we are supposed to get over $800. I hope so, that would be tremendously helpful!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 6:15 am
I only got 330. We're hopelessly struggling and my kids need new shoes but con ed bill was 360 so we will have to use it for that. Majorly disappointed. I was hoping for more.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 6:24 am
We got 202 for 3 children
Was totally expecting more and hoping to use for tip money and school expenses. Oh well, grateful for the money

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 6:34 am
we got $500 for 7 under 18

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Aug 21 2024, 6:53 am
$600 for 6 under 18
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics