Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I want to shave my head!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
  Tealblue  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:21 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
I don’t understand how bald plus a wig is cooler on a hot day than hair plus a tichel🤷‍♀️

Right. Who's comparing that?
It's bald with a wig vs hair with a wig.
Or bald with a tichel vs hair with a tichel.
Op was hot with hair under a tichel.(It's in the op)

amother
  NeonPurple  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:30 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
Right. Who's comparing that?
It's bald with a wig vs hair with a wig.
Or bald with a tichel vs hair with a tichel.
Op was hot with hair under a tichel.(It's in the op)

I thought OP was complaining about the hot weather outside. It’s not her minhag to shave.
She’s choosing to do so and I was wondering what the benefit is. If I go out in this heat, I am very cool and comfortable with my hair simply covered with a tichel.

amother
Blonde  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:37 am
I thought OP was complaining about the hot weather outside. It’s not her minhag to shave.
She’s choosing to do so and I was wondering what the benefit is. If I go out in this heat, I am very cool and comfortable with my hair simply covered with a tichel.

Many people get dressed in a wig when they go out.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:40 am
Oh my gosh why would you want to shave your head!!?! Please use your brains. That is not a normal thing to do! I really dont think you'll be any cooler. I'm telling you our religion is completely crazy when we have women happily shaving their heads for no reason Banging head

amother
Lightcyan  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:45 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Oh my gosh why would you want to shave your head!!?! Please use your brains. That is not a normal thing to do! I really dont think you'll be any cooler. I'm telling you our religion is completely crazy when we have women happily shaving their heads for no reason Banging head

Huh? It's not for no reason, it's much more comfortable, and how would it not be cooler? Hair is like a wool sweater on your head all the time. Taking it off just makes sense.

amother
  NeonPurple  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:53 am
amother Blonde wrote:
Many people get dressed in a wig when they go out.

Ok so I’m guessing the OP would rather shave her head than go out with a tichel.

amother
  Tealblue

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:57 am
Ok so I’m guessing the OP would rather shave her head than go out with a tichel.

Most people would be uncomfortable going out in a tichel in town. Especially if she works. Or in other formal settings other than the grocery store.

amother
  Ballota

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 10:03 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:

Plenty non-jews get very short cuts for comfort & ease of care. It's really not that strange to want comfort over beauty especially over a certain age & only in your own bathroom.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 10:11 am
Wow. I wish my husband wouldn’t care. I love to shave it’s the best feeling. It’s a turn off for my husb. When I shave I have to keep my head covered at all times. Even when we shower together I’ll wear a shower cap or something.

amother
  Marigold  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 10:14 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:

I’m MO. I only was inspired to shave because I met a non-Jewish women who was bald as her “hairstyle” and she talked about the benefits. I have very thick curly hair so for me it was a game changer

amother
  NeonPurple  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 10:15 am
amother Khaki wrote:
Wow. I wish my husband wouldn’t care. I love to shave it’s the best feeling. It’s a turn off for my husb. When I shave I have to keep my head covered at all times. Even when we shower together I’ll wear a shower cap or something.

Now this I really don’t understand!

jachne

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 11:19 am
Wow wow I wish I could do the same , DH would never let me
How does the wig hold on your head , does it not fly by every wind?
Enjoy your it all

amother
Forsythia  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 11:21 am
Many hair is in a tiny pony.
But there’s so many hairs that never grow and get me annoyed especially sideburn hairs. And I have thin gross hair so I have bald spots that I can’t cover properly and it annoys my sensory.

giftedmom  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 11:22 am
amother Khaki wrote:

You don’t have to do triple zero you can have a cute short boyish cut. Triple zero is a turn off.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 11:29 am

I go out in a tichel. I'm uncomfortable both in a wig & in a tichel. I'm so sweating in both. Inside & outside.
I took the plunge, I am absolutely loving it so far. It's so so comfortable, showering is a breeze.

amother
Electricblue  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 12:10 pm
I don't understand the itchy part. Itchy is a scalp thing not a hair thing, no?

amother
  Electricblue

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 12:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
I go out in a tichel. I'm uncomfortable both in a wig & in a tichel. I'm so sweating in both. Inside & outside.
I took the plunge, I am absolutely loving it so far. It's so so comfortable, showering is a breeze.

Did you shave completely bald, or like a super short buzz cut?

Odelyah

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 12:16 pm
giftedmom wrote:
You don’t have to do triple zero you can have a cute short boyish cut. Triple zero is a turn off.

isn't this hard to cover? like little short bits stick out?

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 12:23 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
Did you shave completely bald, or like a super short buzz cut?

Completely clean shaven!

giftedmom

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 1:11 pm
Odelyah wrote:
isn't this hard to cover? like little short bits stick out?

No if it’s short enough, under a 6, it doesn’t stick out
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics