Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Kids won’t go to my husband

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 4:32 pm
And it is driving me crazy.
We both work- if anything I work longer hours on my feet all day- more than him and I need a rest. We have two little kids bli ayin hara, 2.5 and one. The kids cling to me all the time.. Even if we’re both in the room and available. Now I know you are going to say “oh it’s natural for little kids to prefer their mom…”

This is extreme. EVERY SINGLE THING is on me. Every fight. Every boo boo. Every bedtime routine. Every night waking- and there are a lot of them. If I try to have him step in my daughter screams hysterically ( and he’ll just say she can’t be comforted so what’s the point) and walk away leaving her to her own devices.

I’ve also had multiple incidents of him leaving her somewhere by herself that was completely inappropriate.

I’m exhausted

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 5:35 pm
My kids wait for me to walk in the door with groceries to tell me they want a drink or a snack. They won't tell dh and then dh says "they never asked me..."
My dc will come to me when I'm cooking to tell me he needs the bathroom when dh is sitting on the couch.

HeartyAppetite

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 5:53 pm
I have the same thing. They will even tell me to ask their father for something when he is standing right there. I’m not sure what cases this dynamic.

TS22

Post Sat, Aug 17 2024, 9:23 pm
yup. same here. I go crazy sometimes.
He can never help out in the middle of the night. They just scream louder and harder that they need Mommy. I am on duty 24 hours a day. I keep telling my husband I need a 24 hour vacation by myself in Florida so I can sleep without 2 kids waking me up in the middle of the night....

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sat, Aug 17 2024, 9:37 pm
Had the same thing… lasted a couple months but then my toddler grew out of it. Hope the same happens for your kids!

amother
Charcoal

Post Sat, Aug 17 2024, 9:50 pm
Still waiting for my 3.5 yr old to grow out of this. She always wants Mommy and will not be ok to go to DH. It's very challenging to say the least. I need a break!!! I actually took a break for a night and it's gotten worse since.
I wish I had answers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics